QA Manager, Automation
At Pandora, we're a unique collection of engineers, musicians, designers, marketers, and world-class sellers with a common goal: to enrich lives by delivering effortless personalized music enjoyment and discovery. People—the listeners, the artists, and our employees—are at the center of our mission and everything we do. Actually, employees at Pandora are a lot like the service itself: bright, eclectic, and innovative. Collaboration is the foundation of our workforce, and we’re looking for smart individuals who are self-motivated and passionate to join us. Be a part of the engine that creates the soundtrack to life. Discover your future at Pandora.
We have an exciting and challenging opportunity for an experienced test automation manager and quality leader. As part of the QA leadership team, this manager will guide a group of test automation engineers who implement, support, and maintain automated tests for our mobile and web apps. This team also evolves and extends our Webdriver/Appium based framework to enhance our ability to test multiple user experiences controlled by A/B tests and multiple tiers of capabilities, including sophisticated ad products. In addition, the automation team acts as a catalyst for cross-functional innovation in our testing strategies to ensure maximum efficiency in the ways that developers, manual testers, and automated tests contribute to quality and speed of execution.
To succeed in this role, you’ll need significant experience in QA, automated testing, mobile apps, and management. You’ll have the opportunity to make a lasting contribution to ambitious product plans in the dynamic streaming music space by providing guidance and leadership to a team of strong automation engineers. We’re looking for someone with demonstrated success in both execution and innovation. You’ll also be expected to develop and leverage cross-functional peer relationships and be an evangelist for quality. This role will evolve as we grow and tackle new challenges, and to be successful, you’ll be expected to grow and evolve as well.
Although this is not a hands-on role, this position requires strong software engineering proficiency, and experience developing and maintaining mobile test automation frameworks and test cases. It also requires the ability to help team members maximize their strengths and grow in their careers. As a leader, you should be dedicated to excellence and set an example of personal responsibility and accountability.
- Minimum 8 years professional test automation experience with emphasis on UI automated test frameworks, including at least 3 years on mobile devices
- Minimum 3 years management experience, including hiring, career development, performance feedback, and task assignments for a team of at least six direct reports
- Thorough understanding of the software development lifecycle and tools, including code repositories, branching and merging, build systems, dependency management, and defect tracking systems
- Demonstrated success innovating through continuous improvement
- Strong knowledge of testing principles, and the ability to collaborate with manual testing teams to jointly determine how automated testing can best contribute to efficiently achieving quality goals
- Extensive experience solving challenges of reliability and maintainability of automated UI tests
- A track record of success, including the ability to self-direct day-to-day activities, constantly updating priorities to stay in sync with the needs of the organization
- Excellent team player, with a solid understanding of how your strengths complement the skills of your co-workers
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- MA/MS in Computer Science or a related field, or additional work experience
Pandora is committed to diversity in its workforce. Pandora is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, veteran or disability status. Women and people of color are encouraged to apply.
Pandora is also a VEVRAA federal contractor. Pandora requests priority referrals of protected veterans from each ESDS, as required by regulation.
If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an email to [email protected]
Back to top