QA Engineer, Mobile (Android)
At Pandora, we're a unique collection of engineers, musicians, designers, marketers, and world-class sellers with a common goal: to enrich lives by delivering effortless personalized music enjoyment and discovery. People—the listeners, the artists, and our employees—are at the center of our mission and everything we do. Actually, employees at Pandora are a lot like the service itself: bright, eclectic, and innovative. Collaboration is the foundation of our workforce, and we’re looking for smart individuals who are self-motivated and passionate to join us. Be a part of the engine that creates the soundtrack to life. Discover your future at Pandora.
We have a terrific opportunity for an inspired, dedicated Senior Quality Assurance Engineer who is enthusiastic about contributing to Pandora’s rapidly expanding music service delivered to our community of millions of listeners. As a key contributor to our QA team you will ensure excellent quality in our internally developed mobile application.
You'll get the chance to take on complex and interesting projects as part of a fast-paced, highly collaborative team. We hold ourselves to high standards and take pride in our work. This is a great opportunity for a Senior QA Engineer with several years of experience and a passion for technology.
This position requires technical proficiency including testing and validation in a client/server environment and certification of applications running on a variety of mobile devices. You should enjoy working with a variety of consumer mobile and other devices, and have a natural curiosity for their features and functionality. As a member of our highly motivated team you should be dedicated to excellence and have a strong sense of personal responsibility.
- Minimum 5 years professional QA experience, including 3 years on native mobile apps
- Exceptional ability to troubleshoot technical problems on Linux and Android platforms
- Strong understanding of Android user interface
- Experience with the command line (ADB)
- Experience using packet analysis tools, such as Charles proxy
- Working knowledge of current QA methodologies
- Deep experience writing test plans and test cases
- Demonstrated process improvement abilities
- Proactive, driven individual with a strong work ethic
- Aptitude to learn quickly and effectively
- Sharp attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent problem solving ability
- BS/MS in Computer Science or a related field
- Experience testing rich media and emerging ad formats
- Comfortable programming in common scripting languages
Pandora is committed to diversity in its workforce. Pandora is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, veteran or disability status. Women and people of color are encouraged to apply.
Pandora is also a VEVRAA federal contractor. Pandora requests priority referrals of protected veterans from each ESDS, as required by regulation.
If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an email to [email protected]
Meet Some of Pandora's Employees
VP, Head of Music Maker Strategy & Operations
In his role, Mike is focused on opening up Pandora to music makers and helping artists maximize their use of the platform with content and live events.
Back to top