QA Engineer - Connected Vehicle
- Irving, TX
SiriusXM and Pandora have joined together to create the leading audio entertainment company in the U.S. Together, we are uniquely positioned to lead a new era of audio entertainment by delivering the most compelling subscription and ad-supported audio experiences to millions of listeners -- in the car, at home and on the go. Our talent, content, technology and innovation continue to be at the forefront, and we want you to be a part of it! Check out our current openings below and at www.siriusxm.com/careers.
Quality engineer responsible for testing back-office features and functionalities including APIs, CRM, Web Applications, and feeds. Works cohesively with company certification team, engineering teams, product managers, and product owners to ensure testing results adhere to requirements agreed to by the program.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare quality test cases, as well as test plans in accordance to Agile team deliverables
- Execute test cases with concise communication internally and externally
- Prepare and present results document to internal and external teams
- Possess an understanding of Information systems as well as complex architecture
- Possess an understanding of web/mobile applications and their integration internally as well as externally.
- Identify, troubleshoot, and resolve server/cloud base issues resulting in misalignments in systems between SXM systems
- Use various high-level tools and databases in testing, triaging, trouble shooting, and error analysis.
- Responsible for end-to-end regression testing to provide best-in-class connected vehicle ecosystem
- Responsible for interfacing with research and advanced engineering teams to bring new connected vehicle concepts into production.
- Collaborate daily with an Agile teams and work with software developers, database architects, application and principle systems engineers to break-down any issues or impediments relating to CV systems.
- Excellent communication skills
- Education: BSCS or BSEE, MS preferred
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience
- Proficient in utilizing tools such as Greylogs, SQL queries to gather test results and analyzing trace/logs to triage issue
- Experience with IoT (Internet of things),
- 1+ year AWS or similar cloud-based testing environment experience highly preferred (Google Cloud, Azure, PCF, etc.)
- Experience with B2B and B2C communications
- CRM and API experience required
- Experience with server/application log analysis required
- Automation scripting experience in API and Web App required.
- SQL scripting experience required.
- Experience in test case repository, such as HP ALM, and defect tracking tools, such as JIRA.
- Experience writing software test plans and test cases
- Manual testing experience in gray box environment
Requirements and General Skills:
- Demonstrate an ability to communicate as well as negotiate with internal/external customers
- Possess an understanding of server and network systems.
- Development and Production support of complex cloud based or on premise testing.
- Extensive knowledge of software tools (Evaluation of Scripts, Python, JAVA).
- Familiarity with telematics, networking, wired, wireless security and encryption methodologies.
- Travel required to OEM and partner locations as necessary
- Follows team best practices.
- Supports effective management of costs related to Department budget
- Perform tasks with moderate supervision
- Produce artifacts for the assigned program(s) with accuracy and quality driven focus
- Have strong knowledge of telematics platform with an aptitude of learning enterprise components
- Shows an aptitude to acquire knowledge about applicable technologies
- Is viewed by the OEM and internal team as an important technical contributor
- Capable of leading test activities with OEMs/partners.
- Interpersonal skills and ability to interact and work with staff at all levels
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Ability to pay attention to details and be organized
- Ability to project a professional image over the phone and in person
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment
- Willingness to take initiative and to follow through on projects
- Spelling, grammar, proofreading and editing skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to details
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task, and work under shifting deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
- Understanding of wireless networks/technology, SOAP UI, and security principles
- Direct experience with automation through open source tools, and writing scripts
Our goal at SiriusXM+Pandora is to provide and maintain a work environment that fosters mutual respect, professionalism and cooperation. SiriusXM+Pandora is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, gender identity, marital status, familial status, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.
Back to top