Product Manager, Ad Buying Experience - Post-Sale
At Pandora, we're a unique collection of engineers, musicians, designers, marketers, and world-class sellers with a common goal: to enrich lives by delivering effortless personalized music enjoyment and discovery. People—the listeners, the artists, and our employees—are at the center of our mission and everything we do. Actually, employees at Pandora are a lot like the service itself: bright, eclectic, and innovative. Collaboration is the foundation of our workforce, and we’re looking for smart individuals who are self-motivated and passionate to join us. Be a part of the engine that creates the soundtrack to life. Discover your future at Pandora.
We have a terrific opportunity for a passionate, analytical Product Manager to shape the future of Pandora’s ad buying platforms which support more than a billion dollars in revenue. Your goal will be to scale the ad buying process so that thousands of campaigns can be supported by internal and external users. To accomplish this, buying ads must be as frictionless as possible for all types of campaigns and ad products - broadcast, digital, brand, direct response, seller-assisted and self-serve channels; audio, display, and video ads. There are several products managers on the Ad Buying Experience team and each one has primary ownership of one or more components/areas which include workflow and transaction types (e.g. planning and campaign reporting are core workflow components and self-service and API-based buying are transaction type components). These PMs work with one another and their stakeholders to deliver an optimized end-to-end buying experience. The PM of Ad Buying - Post Sale focuses on workflows such as creative trafficking, campaign launch, and optimization. This position is full time and based in our Oakland office.
- Define and drive the vision for one or more components of Pandora’s ad buying platforms (e.g. planning, campaign management, billing, self-service, API-based buying) with a core focus on post-sales workflows.
- Maintain the pulse of where the advertising market is, where it is headed, and how Pandora's ad buying technology will evolve to meet the needs of customers
- Develop and communicate a clear ad buying roadmap to stakeholders, owning the “What” and “Why” at a macro level while writing feature requirements with detail and clarity
- Collaborate across teams including design, engineering, QA, sales, ad operations, and finance to design, create, and launch ad buying platform features that help grow the next billion dollars in revenue
- Partner closely with ad operations and other key stakeholders to ensure alignment and product adoption
- Walk the line between product vision and execution to effectively lead the development of features in your area of responsibility throughout the product lifecycle
- 3-5 years software product management experience
- Very familiar with the tools and operational workflows of the digital and/or broadcast ad buying industries from pre-sale through post-sale including planning, trafficking, optimization, billing, and revenue recognition.
- Experience using buy side or sell side ad systems, proprietary or 3rd party.
- Experience working with engineering and QA teams in building and launching ad technology features end-to-end
- Strong analytics background in assessing the value of features to inform roadmap priorities and being able to justify the approach to stakeholders
- Proven track record removing workflow complexity with simplified and superior product design solutions
- A problem solver that thrives on solving complex business and technical issues
- Excellent public speaking and one-on-one communication skills
Pandora is committed to diversity in its workforce. Pandora is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, veteran or disability status. Women and people of color are encouraged to apply.
Pandora is also a VEVRAA federal contractor. Pandora requests priority referrals of protected veterans from each ESDS, as required by regulation.
If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an email to [email protected].
Back to top