Product Manager - Ad Buying Experience
At Pandora, we're a unique collection of engineers, musicians, designers, marketers, and world-class sellers with a common goal: to enrich lives by delivering effortless personalized music enjoyment and discovery. People—the listeners, the artists, and our employees—are at the center of our mission and everything we do. Actually, employees at Pandora are a lot like the service itself: bright, eclectic, and innovative. Collaboration is the foundation of our workforce, and we’re looking for smart individuals who are self-motivated and passionate to join us. Be a part of the engine that creates the soundtrack to life. Discover your future at Pandora.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a passionate, analytical Product Manager to shape the future of Pandora’s ad buying platforms, supporting more than a billion dollars in revenue. Your goal will be to scale the ad buying process so that thousands of campaigns can be supported by internal and external users. To accomplish this, buying ads must be as frictionless as possible for all types of campaigns and ad products - broadcast, digital, brand, direct response, seller-assisted and self-serve channels; audio, display, and video ads.
There are several product managers on the Ad Buying Experience team and each one has primary ownership of one or more components/areas which include services and experiences
(For example, planning, trafficking, billing and reporting are core services, while self-service and or broadcast would be ad buying experiences). PMs work with one another and their stakeholders to deliver an optimized end-to-end buying experience.
This position is full time and based in our Atlanta office.
- PMs on the ad buying experience team will collaborate and cover for each other and swap in and out of various buying experience disciplines (e.g. planning, campaign management, billing). This Product manager will drive the vision for billing services, APIs and workflows in Pandora’s ad buying platforms.
- All buying experience PMs drive new advertising buying experiences using components described above. For example, a PM may build a new buying experience to support small digital based advertising orders
- Maintain the pulse of where the advertising market is, where it is headed, and how Pandora's ad buying technology will evolve to meet the needs of customers
- Develop and communicate a clear ad buying roadmap to stakeholders, owning the “What” and “Why” at a macro level while writing feature requirements with detail and clarity
- Collaborate across teams including design, engineering, QA, sales, ad operations, and finance to design, create, and launch ad buying platform features that help grow the next billion dollars in revenue
- Partner closely with stakeholder groups such as sales, client services, ad operations and others to gather effective requirements, ensure alignment between teams, and build product adoption
- Drive product vision and execution to effectively lead the development of features in your area of responsibility throughout the product life cycle
- 3-5 years software product management experience
- Very familiar with the tools and operational workflows of the digital and/or broadcast ad buying industries from pre-sale through post-sale including planning, trafficking, optimization, billing, and revenue recognition.
- Experience using buy side or sell side ad systems, proprietary or 3rd party.
- Experience working with engineering and QA teams in building and launching ad technology features end-to-end
- Strong analytics background in assessing the value of features to inform roadmap priorities and being able to justify the approach to stakeholders
- Proven track record removing workflow complexity with simplified and superior product design solutions
- A problem solver that thrives on solving complex business and technical issues
- Excellent public speaking and one-on-one communication skills
Pandora is committed to diversity in its workforce. Pandora is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, veteran or disability status. Women and people of color are encouraged to apply.
Pandora is also a VEVRAA federal contractor. Pandora requests priority referrals of protected veterans from each ESDS, as required by regulation.
If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an email to email@example.com This email box is designed to assist job seekers who require a reasonable accommodation to the application process. A response to your request may take up to two business days.
In your email, please include the following:
- The specific accommodation requested to complete the employment application.
- The location or office to which you would like to apply
- The subject of the email should read "Request for Reasonable Accommodation".
Back to top