At Pandora, we're a unique collection of engineers, musicians, designers, marketers, and world-class sellers with a common goal: to enrich lives by delivering effortless personalized music enjoyment and discovery. People—the listeners, the artists, and our employees—are at the center of our mission and everything we do. Actually, employees at Pandora are a lot like the service itself: bright, eclectic, and innovative. Collaboration is the foundation of our workforce, and we’re looking for smart individuals who are self-motivated and passionate to join us. Be a part of the engine that creates the soundtrack to life. Discover your future at Pandora!
In this role, you’ll be the product owner for all initiatives related to the collecting of music across all tiers of service at Pandora (ad-supported, Pandora Plus, and Pandora Premium). This includes playlist creation, downloads, and overall collection organization. You’ll collaborate across many disciplines including engineering, design, analytics, marketing, legal, and others to drive features through ideation, development, launch and optimization. This role is within the Listener’s team, which oversees all consumer-facing features at Pandora. This position is full-time and based in our Oakland office.
- Go deep on existing product usage data to determine what is working, and/or not working, with current features around playlisting, downloading, and collecting
- Partner with user research team to determine what needs we are, or are not, meeting for our listeners
- Propose, plan, and execute features that fix the gaps exposed by that quantitative and qualitative data mining
- Dream up the next wave of features that make playlisting, downloading, and collecting music at Pandora effortless and powerful for our listeners
- Lead a cross-functional team of engineers, designers, and data scientists to build, maintain, and improve features on an ongoing basis
- Ensure all team members are adding value to the overall company vision and having fun whilst doing so
- 3-5 years experience working on software-based products
- Knowledge, and experience with, current streaming music market a huge plus
- Exceptional analytical abilities and some technical knowledge
- Proficient using SQL to analyze user data
- Experience turning data insights into product experiences
- Ability to pitch yourself and your ideas to multiple different teams within the organization to get buy in for large-scaled projects
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related field
Pandora is committed to diversity in its workforce. Pandora is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, veteran or disability status. Women and people of color are encouraged to apply.
Pandora is also a VEVRAA federal contractor. Pandora requests priority referrals of protected veterans from each ESDS, as required by regulation.
If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an email to email@example.com This email box is designed to assist job seekers who require a reasonable accommodation to the application process. A response to your request may take up to two business days.
In your email, please include the following:
- The specific accommodation requested to complete the employment application.
- The location or office to which you would like to apply
- The subject of the email should read "Request for Reasonable Accommodation".
Meet Some of Pandora's Employees
VP, Head of Music Maker Strategy & Operations
In his role, Mike is focused on opening up Pandora to music makers and helping artists maximize their use of the platform with content and live events.
Back to top