Product Analyst, Ads
At Pandora, we're a unique collection of engineers, musicians, designers, marketers, and world-class sellers with a common goal: to enrich lives by delivering effortless personalized music enjoyment and discovery. People—the listeners, the artists, and our employees—are at the center of our mission and everything we do. Actually, employees at Pandora are a lot like the service itself: bright, eclectic, and innovative. Collaboration is the foundation of our workforce, and we’re looking for smart individuals who are self-motivated and passionate to join us. Be a part of the engine that creates the soundtrack to life. Discover your future at Pandora!
Pandora is seeking a talented, experienced Product Analyst to join the growing Product Management team in Oakland, CA. We’re looking for someone interested in ad products, analytics, and using insights to help innovate our ad product offering. This analyst will partner with ad product managers, designers, engineers, and sales teams to provide product usage and trend insights.
- Analyze usage trends of internal tools to understand usage patterns and drive improvements
- Partner in designing reports and tools for use by external parties
- Proactively provide key business insights to drive enhancements for the ad buying and measurement products
- Visualize key metrics on an ongoing basis to communicate out to product, sales, and exec teams
- Implement, manage, and reconcile internal and 3rd party metrics to drive product decisions
- Collaborate with cross functional groups including Product, Business Development, Engineering and Sales to identify key product opportunities
- Develop quantitative analysis, ad hoc reports, models, and A/B tests to support advertising decisions
- Conduct ad hoc analysis to provide guidance to engineering around bugs and issues
- Education: BA/BS in Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, or related field. Advanced degree valuable.
- 3+ years post-collegiate work experience in a quantitative field or equivalent educational experience
- Analytics experience with digital or broadcast audience metrics a plus
- Strong analytical skills and ability to clearly synthesize large dataset into key insights
- Experience working with relational databases and SQL query languages
- Familiarity with no-SQL architectures, R, or Python is a plus
- Excellent time management and attention to detail
- Ability to lead and execute on a project from inception to completion with limited guidance
- Comfortable in fast-paced and changing environment
- Excellent written and communication skills
Pandora is committed to diversity in its workforce. Pandora is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, veteran or disability status. Women and people of color are encouraged to apply.
Pandora is also a VEVRAA federal contractor. Pandora requests priority referrals of protected veterans from each ESDS, as required by regulation.
If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an email to [email protected] This email box is designed to assist job seekers who require a reasonable accommodation to the application process. A response to your request may take up to two business days.
In your email, please include the following:
- The specific accommodation requested to complete the employment application.
- The location or office to which you would like to apply
- The subject of the email should read "Request for Reasonable Accommodation".
Meet Some of Pandora's Employees
VP, Head of Music Maker Strategy & Operations
In his role, Mike is focused on opening up Pandora to music makers and helping artists maximize their use of the platform with content and live events.
Back to top