Producer, SiriusXM Fight Nation
- New York, NY
SiriusXM and Pandora have joined together to create the leading audio entertainment company in the U.S. Together, we are uniquely positioned to lead a new era of audio entertainment by delivering the most compelling subscription and ad-supported audio experiences to millions of listeners -- in the car, at home and on the go. Our talent, content, technology and innovation continue to be at the forefront, and we want you to be a part of it! Check out our current openings below and at http://www.siriusxm.com/careers">www.siriusxm.com/careers.
Acting as lead producer of Fight Nation’s premier pro wrestling show, Busted Open the role will conceptualize, develop and produce full-length or short form programs, and/or segments of larger programs, while maintaining the creative vision for Combat Sports programming on SiriusXM Fight Nation. Additionally, the Producer will make decisions related to creative processes, content development and production for evening programming while working independently on fulfilling tasks for the assigned program, and assisting with larger, more complex and high profile programs. The Producer will be expected to exercise a high level of creativity and execute programming assignments with minimal oversight. The role will also oversees technical staff performing editing and running audio boards.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with Program Director and Executive Producer for SiriusXM Fight Nation to design overall sound and image of program(s), consistent with platform goals.
- Create, coordinate, write and produce original programs, productions, segments, daily promos and/or specials.
- Research topics and themes to write scripts, line copy, and develop show content for Hosts.
- Develop novel and creative ways to present content.
- Participate in creative meetings to brainstorm ideas, select programming content and delegate work assignments.
- Identify, select and book celebrity, expert and lifestyle guests with the programming team; oversee those assisting with guest bookings.
- Research guest backgrounds, develop interview questions and pre-interviews guests.
- Coach Hosts, talent and guests, and provide relevant information to Hosts for on-air interviews.
- Schedule program elements prior to air, ensuring that rotation and policies are followed.
- Develop and maintain relationships with major publicists, political figures, entertainment companies, and industry contacts who will be active in pursuing placement of guests on SiriusXM's programs and provide show content.
- Determine the appropriate mix of sound elements for assigned shows, and ensures that levels are mixed properly.
- Ensure that on-air product is up to broadcast standards before it leaves the studios.
- Ensure that personnel are assigned to monitor sound equipment during air time, and that clip information, music and non-music elements have been entered into audio software.
- Establish programming clocks with team so that all content and advertisements are featured as planned.
- Train and lead the work of Associate Producers, Production Assistants, Board Operators and Interns.
- Track relevant audio for future use on the show/channel
- Utilize social media throughout the show to maximize exposure and interaction
- Monitor assigned channels for quality control and reports content error and technical issues to the appropriate individuals for correction.
- Manage the consistent flow of communication among program staff.
- Review completed programs and leads audio editing assignments.
- Create promos, audio clips for social media, submits show OnDemand, etc.
Additional duties and responsibilities:
- Supervise special projects.
- Create imaging/promos for the channel
- Review audience feedback and applies comments to programming.
- Work with broadcast operations staff to coordinate logistics for remote broadcasts.
- Interface with on-air personalities, engineering staff, marketing/advertising staff, talent and artists.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree preferred, and/or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
- At least 3 years of experience at a radio station or audio production facility.
Requirements and General Skills:
- Strong Pro Wrestling and Combat Sports knowledge.
- Good public speaking and presentation skills.
- Interpersonal skills and ability to interact and work with staff at all levels.
- Experience booking guests and strong relationships.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to pay attention to details and be organized.
- Ability to project professionalism over the phone and in person.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Comfortable working with talent, artists and high profile individuals.
- Willingness to take initiative and to follow through on projects.
- Excellent creative writing and communication skills for radio
- Ability to recognize stories with potential and develop them into compelling broadcast entertainment.
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task, and work under shifting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access).
- Social Media: Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, etc.
- Adobe Audition
- Broadcast programs like Zetta
- Mixing sound elements into a professional sounding product and operating an audio board.
Our goal at SiriusXM+Pandora is to provide and maintain a work environment that fosters mutual respect, professionalism and cooperation. SiriusXM+Pandora is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, gender identity, marital status, familial status, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.
Back to top