- Washington, DC
Conceptualizes, develops and produces full-length or short form programs, and/or segments of larger programs, while maintaining the channel’s creative vision. Makes decisions related to creative processes, content development and production. Works independently on standard programs, and assists with larger, complex and high profile programs. Exercises a high level of creativity and executes programming assignments with minimal oversight. Oversees technical staff performing editing and running audio boards. May be assigned to more than one program and perform slightly different functions across programs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works with PD and Executive Producers to design overall sound and image of program(s), consistent with platform goals.
- Creates, coordinates, writes and produces original programs, productions, segments, daily promos and/or specials.
- Researches topics and themes to write scripts, line copy, and develop show content for Hosts.
- Develops novel and creative ways to present content.
- Participates in creative meetings to brainstorm ideas, select programming content and delegate work assignments.
- Aggressively identifies, selects and books celebrity, expert and lifestyle guests with the programming team; oversees those assisting with guest bookings.
- Researches guest backgrounds, develops interview questions and pre-interviews guests.
- Coaches Hosts, talent and guests, and provides relevant information to Hosts for on-air interviews.
- Schedules program elements prior to air, ensuring that rotation and policies are followed.
- Develops and maintains relationships with major publicists, political figures, entertainment companies, and industry contacts who will be active in pursuing placement of guests on SiriusXM's programs and provide show content.
- Determines the appropriate mix of sound elements for assigned shows, and ensures that levels are mixed properly.
- Ensures that on-air product is up to broadcast standards before it leaves the studios.
- Ensures that personnel are assigned to monitor sound equipment during air time, and that clip information, music and non-music elements have been entered into audio software.
- Establishes programming clocks with team so that all content and advertisements are featured as planned.
- Trains and leads the work of Associate Producers, Production Assistants, Board Operators and Interns.
- Monitors assigned channels for quality control and reports content error and technical issues to the appropriate individuals for correction.
- Manages the consistent flow of communication among program staff.
- Reviews completed programs and leads audio editing assignments.
Additional duties and responsibilities:
- Supervises special projects.
- Reviews audience feedback and applies comments to programming.
- Works with broadcast operations staff to coordinate logistics for remote broadcasts.
- Interfaces with on-air personalities, engineering staff, marketing/advertising staff, talent and artists.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- At least 3 years of experience at a radio station or audio production facility.
Requirements and General Skills:
- Excellent creative writing and communication skills for radio.
- Ability to recognize stories with potential and develop them into compelling broadcast entertainment.
- Strong background in talent bookings.
- Ability to execute ideas.
- Highly detail oriented.
- In depth knowledge and understanding of Golf.
- Strong interest in current events and pop culture, as related to assigned channels / programs.
- Comfortable working with talent, artists and high profile individuals.
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task, and work under shifting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be willing to work weekends.
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
- Proficient in: Microsoft Office, Prophet, SAW, SoundForge, Music Master, Pro Tools, Cool Edit, Adobe Audition, mixing sound elements into a professional sounding product and operating an audio board.
Our goal at SiriusXM+Pandora is to provide and maintain a work environment that fosters mutual respect, professionalism and cooperation. SiriusXM+Pandora is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, gender identity, marital status, familial status, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.
Back to top