Producer, MLB Network Radio
- Washington, DC
SiriusXM and Pandora have joined together to create the leading audio entertainment company in the U.S. Together, we are uniquely positioned to lead a new era of audio entertainment by delivering the most compelling subscription and ad-supported audio experiences to millions of listeners -- in the car, at home and on the go. Our talent, content, technology and innovation continue to be at the forefront, and we want you to be a part of it! Check out our current openings below and at http://www.siriusxm.com/careers">www.siriusxm.com/careers.
Works with Producers and members of the Programming team to create superior radio programs for MLB Network Radio. Supports creative processes, content development and production. Exercises both creative abilities and technical skills. May edit materials and operate an audio board on occasion. May be assigned to more than one program and perform slightly different functions across programs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists in the development of content for shows.
- Collaborates in the production of programs, promos and specials.
- Identifies and submits show ideas and topics.
- Researches topics and themes to write scripts, line copy, and develop show content for hosts.
- Develops novel and creative ways to present content.
- Attends creative meetings, and contributes to the selection of program content.
- Makes recommendations to Producers and management on program improvements.
- Works with programming team to identify and select celebrity, expert and lifestyle guests.
- Arranges guest bookings.
- Researches guest backgrounds, develops interview questions and assists with pre-interviews.
- Obtains audio materials needed for production.
- Assists with scheduling program elements prior to air, ensuring that rotation and policies are followed.
- May independently produce segments of large programs.
- Runs the audio board for various live and taped programs and edits audio for on-air use.
- Determines the appropriate mix of sound elements for assigned shows, and ensures that levels are mixed properly.
- Dubs sound from a variety of sources (e.g., CD, DAT, LP, VHS, etc.).
- Enters clip information, music and non-music elements into audio software.
- Loads and deletes clips, and rips and edits promos and spots.
- Monitors and posts on social media accounts associated with the channel.
- Ensures that on-air product is up to broadcast standards before it leaves the studios.
- Ensures that sound equipment is functioning properly during shows.
- Works with talent and producers on following programming clocks so that all content and advertisements are featured as planned.
- Reviews work products with supervisor.
- Monitors assigned channels for quality control and reports content error and technical issues to the appropriate individuals for correction.
- Edits audio (e.g., inserts additional clips, sound bites, etc.).
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintains working relationships with major publicists, political figures, entertainment companies, and industry contacts who will be active in pursuing placement of guests on SiriusXM's programs and provide show content.
- Ability to work nights and weekends.
- May lead the work of production assistants, board operators and interns.
- Coordinates special projects.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- At least 3 years of experience at a radio station or audio production facility.
- Must have working knowledge of MLB.
Requirements and General Skills:
- Good public speaking and presentation skills.
- Interpersonal skills and ability to interact and work with staff at all levels.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to pay attention to details and be organized.
- Ability to project professionalism over the phone and in person.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Commitment to “internal client” and customer service principles.
- Willingness to take initiative and to follow through on projects.
- Creative writing ability.
- Excellent creative writing and communication skills for radio.
- Highly detail oriented.
- Strong interest in current events and pop culture, as related to assigned channels / programs.
- Comfortable working with talent, artists and high profile individuals.
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task, and work under shifting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
- Proficiency in: Microsoft Office, Prophet, SAW, SoundForge, Music Master, Pro Tools, Cool Edit and Adobe Audition.
- Social media skills, including, but not limited to: Twitter, Instagram, Facebook
- Mixing sound elements into a professional sounding product.
- Operating an audio board.
Our goal at SiriusXM+Pandora is to provide and maintain a work environment that fosters mutual respect, professionalism and cooperation. SiriusXM+Pandora is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, gender identity, marital status, familial status, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.
Back to top