Under direct supervision, this position is responsible for the daily show preparation of an assigned sports talk show or shows. The producer will meet with the executive producers on a regular basis and will report to the program directors. This person will also meet with his/her assigned host(s) each day to discuss topics and plan segments for the show. The producer will manage the flow of the show as well as screen callers for the program as well as booking any relevant guests. Additionally, s/he is responsible for the background material and execution of the show while live on the air and overseeing the imaging and sound of the show.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for daily show preparation for assigned talk show.
- Meet with host on a daily basis to help plan shows.
- Produce segments for daily broadcast.
- Manage talent and flow of show in-studio during daily broadcast.
- Implement daily tasks assigned from the executive producer to meet broadcast deadlines.
- Work with associate producer(s) to gather work parts and music to enhance program segments.
- Supervise and assist talk show host while program is on-air.
- Responsible for segment show imaging.
- Responsible for studio preparation for daily show.
- Provide statistical information packet daily to talk program hosts and producers.
- Research background material for staff, segments, and daily broadcast.
- Screen telephone calls for talk program.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 3 years of programming related experience at a satellite, traditional commercial, and/or college radio station.
Requirements and General Skills:
- Ability to thrive in a hectic, fast-paced, results and delivery-oriented environment.
- Good project management and planning skills.
- Recognizing and maintaining confidentiality of work materials as appropriate.
- Interpersonal skills and ability to interact and work with staff at all levels.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Working independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to pay attention to details and be organized.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Willingness to take initiative and to follow through on projects.
- Strong familiarity with all major sports, their personalities and the media that cover them.
- Ability & willingness to travel for remote broadcasts when necessary.
- On-site remote producing experience preferred.
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
- Availability to work nights on a regular basis.
- Significant rolodex of contacts for guest booking.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook).
- Proficient in digital audio editing (Adobe Audition).
- Knowledge of broadcast programs Zetta & Galaxy.
- Ability to operate audio console.
Our goal at SiriusXM+Pandora is to provide and maintain a work environment that fosters mutual respect, professionalism and cooperation. SiriusXM+Pandora is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, gender identity, marital status, familial status, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.