Principal Software Engineer, Server
At Pandora, we're a unique collection of engineers, musicians, designers, marketers, and world-class sellers with a common goal: to enrich lives by delivering effortless personalized music enjoyment and discovery. People—the listeners, the artists, and our employees—are at the center of our mission and everything we do. Actually, employees at Pandora are a lot like the service itself: bright, eclectic, and innovative. Collaboration is the foundation of our workforce, and we’re looking for smart individuals who are self-motivated and passionate to join us. Be a part of the engine that creates the soundtrack to life. Discover your future at Pandora.
We have an exciting opportunity for an engineer ready to tackle complex problems affecting many parts of the business. You will be a key contributor to major initiatives in the engineering organization, bringing your experience and skills to designing and implementing services that scale to meet the demands of our very large user base.
You should have demonstrated excellent engineering skills in multiple languages, have experience with designing scalable systems, shown technical leadership on major projects, and have a passion for learning and applying new skills. You should have an understanding of high-performance and scalable Java application development, and experience with building real-world robust applications. You should be a technical leader, motivated to teach other engineers you work with to become better engineers themselves. Most of all, you should be engaged and excited to work with a team that’s building complex systems for tens of millions of users every day.
- Minimum 10 years professional experience
- A passion for building high quality software
- Expert level experience developing server software in Java
- Experience working with a variety of databases - SQL and otherwise
- Experience developing for Linux-based deployment platforms
- Comfortable working across the full technology stack
- Demonstrated experience leading technical design on large systems
- Team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience with code review systems and workflows
- Experience developing Python
- Experience with Agile software development methodologies
- An interest in music
Pandora is committed to diversity in its workforce. Pandora is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, veteran or disability status. Women and people of color are encouraged to apply.
Pandora is also a VEVRAA federal contractor. Pandora requests priority referrals of protected veterans from each ESDS, as required by regulation.
If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an email to [email protected]
Back to top