Principal Product Manager, Audio Ads
At Pandora, we're a unique collection of engineers, musicians, designers, marketers, and world-class sellers with a common goal: to enrich lives by delivering effortless personalized music enjoyment and discovery. People—the listeners, the artists, and our employees—are at the center of our mission and everything we do. Discover your future at Pandora.
We have a terrific opportunity for a passionate, analytical, cross-functional, and experienced Principal Product Manager to help shape the future of the advertising industry by evolving Pandora's Audio Advertising product roadmap. Audio ads are one of the top revenue drivers at our company, and there is massive opportunity for innovation and disruption through these audio products to drive the next big step function in both digital and broadcast markets.
Your vision will impact a massive user base with billions of hours of monthly listening time, across touch points ranging from mobile apps to cars to voice assistant platforms. You’ll have the opportunity to work with incredible engineers, scientists, designers, marketers, and other contributors to ship amazing products and features, in an environment that combines brilliant thinking, open-ended creativity, fun activities, and mutual respect. This position is full time and based in our Oakland office.
- Drive the vision and execution of the user experience, capabilities, and value proposition for Pandora’s Audio Advertising product area.
- Leverage cross-functional research and direct internal and external market contact to maintain the pulse of where the advertising market is, where it is headed, and how Pandora's audio ad products can best support the needs of advertisers.
- Partner closely with Engineering, Sales, Revenue Operations, various Product Management teams, and other key stakeholders to ensure alignment on roadmap priorities, product health, and feature adoption.
- Integrate usability studies, research and market analysis into clear, concise product requirements -- including user stories, mocks, and rigorously specific documentation -- to enhance listener and advertiser satisfaction.
- Find the top opportunities around quality, innovation, and efficiency in the audio advertising market to help grow the next billion dollars in revenue.
- 10+ years software product management experience
- 5+ years experience with digital advertising products, especially video and audio based ad formats
- 5+ years experience working closely with Design, Engineering, and QA teams to solve user experience problems in mobile apps
- Deep understanding of how advertisers craft creative strategy, connect with consumers, and measure ROI
- Demonstrated leadership, influence, and persuasion skills
- Exceptional analytical abilities to inform roadmap priorities and assess product health
- Excellent public speaking and one-on-one communication skills
- BS/BA in Computer Science, HCI, Product Design, or related technical field preferred
Pandora is committed to diversity in its workforce. Pandora is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, veteran or disability status. Women and people of color are encouraged to apply.
Pandora is also a VEVRAA federal contractor. Pandora requests priority referrals of protected veterans from each ESDS, as required by regulation.
If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an email to [email protected] This email box is designed to assist job seekers who require a reasonable accommodation to the application process. A response to your request may take up to two business days.
In your email, please include the following:
- The specific accommodation requested to complete the employment application.
- The location or office to which you would like to apply
- The subject of the email should read "Request for Reasonable Accommodation".
Meet Some of Pandora's Employees
VP, Head of Music Maker Strategy & Operations
In his role, Mike is focused on opening up Pandora to music makers and helping artists maximize their use of the platform with content and live events.
Back to top