Principal Network Engineer
- Washington, DC
SiriusXM and Pandora have joined together to create the leading audio entertainment company in the U.S. Together, we are uniquely positioned to lead a new era of audio entertainment by delivering the most compelling subscription and ad-supported audio experiences to millions of listeners -- in the car, at home and on the go. Our talent, content, technology and innovation continue to be at the forefront, and we want you to be a part of it! Check out our current openings below and at http://www.siriusxm.com/careers">www.siriusxm.com/careers.
Design, configure and deploy enterprise network infrastructures which will support the creation and broadcast of all of the company’s content for both the satellite and Internet based products.
Provide and implement network security best practices using a combination of technologies such as VPNs/encryption, firewalls, secure proxies, IDS/IPS and secure network design methodology.
Provide tier 3 support for all broadcast, satellite uplink and Internet networks.
Be an integral team leader and engineering/technical resource on enterprise-wide infrastructure projects.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and implement network architectures to provide highly available network services.
- Provide security controls and architectures to secure these services internally and for those services that are externally available
- Design and configuration of routers/switches, firewalls, VPNs, application load balancers, secure proxies, quality of service designs and multicast audio over IP networks
- Test architectures in development and execute deployments working with technical program managers and operations
- Provide team and project leadership – direct engineering, collaborate with other teams and provide leadership and mentoring
- Produce high quality documentation for all network designs, products, data flows and services
- Provide final escalation support and guidance to all levels of support escalations teams and Engineers
- 10+ years in planning, design, implementation and technical support of multi-vendor, multi-platform enterprise networks
- Significant experience providing layered security through the use of firewalls, VPNs, encryption, IDS/IPS and secure proxies
- Extensive experience with multicast – dense, sparse and source specific
- Through knowledge of LAN and WAN networks from layer 2 up
- Significant experience implementing quality of service technologies and diagnosing network performance issues
- Knowledge of virtualization architectures and network attached storage is preferred
- Experience at leading teams of engineers/technical staff
- Ability to communicate highly technical information in a clear, concise and effective manner
- Ability to be a key leader and demonstrate executive level leadership skills for the Corporation's success
- The following industry certifications preferred: CCIE or equivalent certifications
- B.S. in related field or equivalent experience.
- M.S. in Information Technology or Engineering is desired
- This position requires the use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). As required by ITAR, to perform this position you must be a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e., ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Requirements and General Skills:
- Ability to lead teams of engineers/technicians on fast paced, technical projects
- Ability to work in a fast-paced operational environment
- Ability to document and train on solutions you’ve designed
- Good public speaking and presentation skills
- Interpersonal skills and ability to interact and work with staff at all levels
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Strong organizational skills and attention to details
- Strong interest in current events and pop culture, as related to assigned channels / programs
- Comfortable working with talent, artists and high-profile individuals
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task, and work under shifting deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
Expert knowledge of the following protocols and technologies: IP routing protocols, router redundancy protocols including HSRP/VRRP/MLAG, Ethernet protocols including spanning tree, rapid spanning tree 802.1W, access control, network address translation, quality of service and policy based routing
- Expert knowledge with firewalls/ACL/encryption/VPN technology - Cisco ASA/PIX and associated protocols (IPSEC/GRE) and secure proxy functions
- Extensive experience with IP Multicast – dense mode, sparse mode (RPs/BSRs) and source specific multicast.
- Application and load balancing products and technologies (F5 knowledge is required)
- Extensive experience in a multi-vendor network architecture
- Experience provisioning and troubleshooting Ethernet, MPLS and other WAN technologies
- Fully versed in common Internet services such as DNS, SSL, HTTP, etc.
- SNMP, NTP, TACAS, Syslog and other critical network management/administration protocols.
Our goal at SiriusXM+Pandora is to provide and maintain a work environment that fosters mutual respect, professionalism and cooperation. SiriusXM+Pandora is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, gender identity, marital status, familial status, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.
Back to top