Principal Data Services Software Engineer
- United States
SiriusXM and Pandora have joined together to create the leading audio entertainment company in the U.S. Together, we are uniquely positioned to lead a new era of audio entertainment by delivering the most compelling subscription and ad-supported audio experiences to millions of listeners -- in the car, at home and on the go. Our talent, content, technology and innovation continue to be at the forefront, and we want you to be a part of it! Check out our current openings below and at www.siriusxm.com/careers.
The Principal Engineer, Software designs, develops, installs and maintains software solutions to large, complex business challenges to create novel Infotainment solutions that greatly enhance the convenience, safety and enjoyment of drivers and passengers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops software solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; investigating problem areas; following the software development lifecycle.
- Determines operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions.
- Documents and demonstrates solutions by developing documentation, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
- Provides technical direction and leadership. Reviews technical artifacts of other team members as directed.
- Prepares and installs solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards, and programming.
- Improves operations by recommending changes in policies and procedures.
- Obtains and licenses software by obtaining required information from vendors; recommending purchases; testing and approving products.
- Protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Provides information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing development and service issues.
- Accomplishes engineering and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Information Systems or related field and or equivalent
- Minimum Ten (10) years-experience building large, complex server-based systems using Java, C++ or a similar language.
- Minimum Five (5) years-experience with systems that process geo-spatial data.
Requirements and General Skills:
- Interpersonal skills and ability to interact and work with staff at all levels.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to pay attention to details and be organized.
- Ability to project a professional image over the phone and in person.
- Commitment to "internal client" and customer service principles.
- Willingness to take initiative and to follow through on projects.
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
- Software Architecture Design, Requirements Analysis, Software Development.
- Experience merging data from multiple sources into a shared schema is strongly preferred.
- UI/UX experience is preferred--experience with geospatial data is a huge plus.
- Any experience with tools and environments we use is a plus:
- Linux (Amazon Linux, CentOS, Ubuntu)
- AWS Services (Cloud Formation, VPC, EC2, S3, IAM, CodeDeploy)
- IP Networking
- System Monitoring (InfluxDB, Grafana, PagerDuty)
- NoSQL (MongoDB, Reddis)
- Source Control (Git, Subversion, Mercurial)
Our goal at SiriusXM+Pandora is to provide and maintain a work environment that fosters mutual respect, professionalism and cooperation. SiriusXM+Pandora is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, gender identity, marital status, familial status, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.
Back to top