Principal Compensation Analyst
At Pandora, we're a unique collection of engineers, musicians, designers, marketers, and world-class sellers with a common goal: to enrich lives by delivering effortless personalized music enjoyment and discovery. People—the listeners, the artists, and our employees—are at the center of our mission and everything we do. Actually, employees at Pandora are a lot like the service itself: bright, eclectic, and innovative. Collaboration is the foundation of our workforce, and we’re looking for smart individuals who are self-motivated and passionate to join us. Be a part of the engine that creates the soundtrack to life. Discover your future at Pandora!
Pandora is looking for a talented professional and team player to join our Compensation team in a high-level individual contributor role, reporting to the Compensation Director. Our pay programs represent our major investment in people. The team is charged with developing and implementing Pandora’s compensation strategies. We enable our business leaders to engage, focus and support the people helping them achieve desired results.
We are looking for an “A” player; someone capable of handling a variety of functional responsibilities. We want someone with experience in both broad-based Compensation and Executive Compensation. In this role, you will be the primary analyst working with our Sr. Director, C&B, and Director, Compensation, on potentially all aspects of compensation. On executive compensation matters you may find yourself frequently working directly with our CHRO. You will be helping us design and assess our pay programs, and implementing changes. We’re committed to continuous process improvement, so an optimization mindset will serve you well in this role. As a senior member of the team you will lead medium to large scale cross-functional projects, so program management experience is highly desired. You will also be a Compensation Partner for selected business groups and will interact regularly with HR Technology, Recruiting and HR Business Partner teams in a fast-paced and constantly evolving environment.
We want an individual with a “can-do” attitude who is a fast learner, hardworking, organized, detailed, passionate about their work, energetic and ready to make a big impact. The ideal candidate is personable, approachable and collaborative in all of their working relationships. How you work is just as important as what you produce.
- Assist with the design and management of the executive compensation program
- Prepare materials for management and the Compensation Committee
- Manage the equity planning for the Company (determining equity budgets, guidelines, managing the monthly grant process)
- Evaluate the effectiveness of compensation programs and drive improvements
- Respond to compensation-related questions from HR Business Partners, Recruiters and Managers
- Co-lead the annual and midyear compensation review processes
- Drive the development of base salary, bonus and equity programs
- Assess the compensation framework, including job structure, grade structure and salary ranges by identifying trends and making recommendations for changes, as appropriate
- Contributing to the development of compensation policies and practices
- Participate in compensation surveys and providing analysis of competitive positioning
- Perform ad hoc analysis to support business needs
- Improve Compensation competency among HR and managers through training and developing tools for use in the delivery of compensation programs
- Partner with HR Technology on compensation-related projects
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 2+ years of experience in Executive Compensation and 5+ years of broad-based Compensation experience. Technology industry preferred
- 2+ years of Program Management experience is a plus
- Highly collaborative style and strong team orientation
- Energetic, self-starter with the ability to successfully manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Exceptional knowledge of and capabilities in Excel
- Demonstrated analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and influencing ability
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- High integrity and ethics in handling confidential information
- Ability to get involved in the details while maintaining broader view
- Attention to detail and commitment to excellence
- Knowledge of relevant regulatory issues
- Ability to achieve results with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Workday experience is a plus
- Pandora is committed to diversity in its workforce. Pandora is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, veteran or disability status. Women and people of color are encouraged to apply.
Pandora is also a VEVRAA federal contractor. Pandora requests priority referrals of protected veterans from each ESDS, as required by regulation.
If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an email to [email protected] This email box is designed to assist job seekers who require a reasonable accommodation to the application process. A response to your request may take up to two business days.
In your email, please include the following:
- The specific accommodation requested to complete the employment application.
- The location or office to which you would like to apply
- The subject of the email should read "Request for Reasonable Accommodation".
Meet Some of Pandora's Employees
VP, Head of Music Maker Strategy & Operations
In his role, Mike is focused on opening up Pandora to music makers and helping artists maximize their use of the platform with content and live events.
Back to top