Planner, Ad Sales
- New York, NY
The SiriusXM Ad Sales department is currently seeking a highly motivated, independent and creative Sales Planner to join their team. The ideal candidate must be very detail-oriented, organized, have strong communication skills, and display a willingness to learn and grow in a fast-paced work environment. The Ad Sales Planning department manages and prices the entire SiriusXM commercial advertising inventory while working closely with the advertising sales staff to facilitate the selling of radio advertising by providing plans that meet the needs and goals of clients and agencies.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works closely with Account Executives to understand scope of proposal requests, in order to independently review or create customized media schedules.
- Strategically utilize inventory to maximize revenue
- Present and discuss proposals with upper management
- Reviews proposals and sales orders for rate accuracy and to confirm inventory availability
- Maintains and distributes a weekly summary of working and ordered proposals for sales management team, including budget, flight, inventory and rates.
- Build reports to track year over year plans and orders
- Monitor inventory at both the channel and show levels to review with management
- Interact with clients and agencies as necessary
- Partners with SVP, regional VPs, Account Managers, Marketing and Traffic departments as needed.
- Assist on any ad-hoc projects as required for the department
- Bachelor's Degree with 3+ years of experience in media advertising (radio and/or pricing & planning/sales analysis a strong plus)
Requirements and General Skills:
- Good public speaking and presentation skills.
- Interpersonal skills and ability to interact and work with staff at all levels.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Ability to project professionalism over the phone and in person.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Commitment to "internal client" and customer service principles.
- Willingness to take initiative and to follow through on projects.
- Must be able to focus on detail and think strategically.
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task, and work under shifting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Wide Orbit experience, a major plus
- Experience with Revenue Analytics proposal system, major plus
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
- Advanced knowledge of MS-Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access).
Our goal at SiriusXM+Pandora is to provide and maintain a work environment that fosters mutual respect, professionalism and cooperation.SiriusXM+Pandora is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, gender identity, marital status, familial status, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.
Back to top