At Pandora, we're a unique collection of engineers, musicians, designers, marketers, and world-class sellers with a common goal: to enrich lives by delivering effortless personalized music enjoyment and discovery. People—the listeners, the artists, and our employees—are at the center of our mission and everything we do. Actually, employees at Pandora are a lot like the service itself: bright, eclectic, and innovative. Collaboration is the foundation of our workforce, and we’re looking for smart individuals who are self-motivated and passionate to join us. Be a part of the engine that creates the soundtrack to life. Discover your future at Pandora.
Pandora is hiring a Payroll Manager to join our Oakland, CA headquarters. We are seeking a self-motivated, system savvy, team player with a wide variety of payroll management experience, including experience within a rapidly growing publicly traded company environment. This position will supervise payroll staff on a day-to-day basis to ensure timely and accurate payroll processing. In addition, this position will be an important partner for HR and Finance to ensure that process improvements and corporate initiatives are implemented ensuring that the payroll team is able to keep pace with the rapid growth of the company both domestically and internationally.
- Ensure the accurate and timely end to end processing of US multi-state and international payrolls
- Supervise day-to-day work of payroll staff, including providing direction for tasks, coordinating priorities and resources
- Responsible for providing guidance on performance and being dedicated to the growth and development of your staff
- Review current payroll, benefits and tax procedures and partner with HR to recommend and implement process improvements to establish best-practices
- Research discrepancies of payroll information and/or documentation to ensure payroll accuracy
- Assist with identifying and resolving employee payroll issues
- Support internal and external audits, domestic and international
- Ensure compliance with all internal policies and controls as well as compliance with external laws and regulatory guidance, including SOX
- Develop and prepare relevant reports and analysis for management, including monthly, quarterly and year-end for payroll and business partners
- Monitor tax notices, wage orders, and governmental correspondences; record tax payments and perform reconciliations in a timely manner
- Initial contact for all inquiries by internal/external parties relating to U.S. payroll and benefit expense and balance sheet accounts
- Participate in Workday system releases, continued implementations and upgrades
- Lead and/or participate in ad hoc projects as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Accounting or other degree combined with relevant experience
- A minimum of 3 years payroll management experience with a growing, publicly-traded company
- Payroll equity experience required
- Requires In-depth knowledge of payroll taxes and quarterly reconciliations
- Understanding of SOX compliance
- Strong working knowledge of Excel
- Thorough knowledge of Federal and State wage laws
- Experience assisting with audits (SOX, quarterly, 401k, Worker’s comp, etc.)
- Payroll procedure writing
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) designation preferred
- Workday HR and/or Payroll experience strongly preferred
- Exposure to international payroll design, setup and processing
- Eye towards process improvements
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Must be a team player and highly organized
- Must have a positive “can do” attitude
Pandora is committed to diversity in its workforce. Pandora is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, veteran or disability status. Women and people of color are encouraged to apply.
Pandora is also a VEVRAA federal contractor. Pandora requests priority referrals of protected veterans from each ESDS, as required by regulation.
If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Meet Some of Pandora's Employees
VP, Head of Music Maker Strategy & Operations
In his role, Mike is focused on opening up Pandora to music makers and helping artists maximize their use of the platform with content and live events.
Back to top