Partner Manager- Catalog Specialist
At Pandora, we speak, breathe and play music. We're an eclectic mix of musicians, engineers, sales superstars and tech pros with a common goal: improving our product and bringing awesome music to listeners. We all recognize music is highly personal and has the ability to create an emotional connection. At Pandora, we strive to bring listeners a flawless and personalized music experience while enabling marketers to go beyond clicks and impressions to engage consumers in new and innovative ways, fueling quality time spent between consumers and advertisers.
This role will liaise with music partners, including major and independent labels and publishers. The Partner Manager will work cross-functionally across Pandora’s teams, with special focus on optimizing partner-delivered content within Pandora’s catalog. To that end, this Partner Manager will work closely with Pandora’s content operations, curation and marketing teams to ensure content is delivered, ingested and available quickly and accurately within the product; and with Pandora’s content partners to ensure that their inquiries and needs regarding their deliveries are super-served. Candidates should have a strong understanding of metadata, digital content delivery systems (DDEX), and project management workflows for software-driven products. Responsibilities will include daily contact with partners as well as internal operations, fielding and prioritizing incoming partner requests, troubleshooting partner issues around content management, ingestion and matching, and creating formal reports (internal and external) on partner performance as well as summarizing and ensuring internal compliance with partner deals.
- Manage and strengthen existing partnerships and expand strength of partner relations
- Manage content import requests for weekly priorities and one-off releases
- Oversee the import-to-publish funnel, including Pandora’s analysis process for new music
- Monitor and assist with the overall amount and speed of partner content going live on Pandora
- Oversee and troubleshoot rights changes within the product
- Manage delivery and redelivery issues, including metadata changes and matching
- Liaise with Pandora’s publishing team and drive the process of matching sound recordings to publishing data
- Work with Pandora’s Content Operations team to ensure artist/album/track “backstage” reference pages are correct
- Train and manage partner use of a self-service content status tool
- Maintain thorough understanding of deal terms across various partners and ensure internal and external compliance of those terms, as well as identify areas for potential improvement of those terms
- Analyze and review performance metrics to identify trends and issues
- Lead strategic conversations regarding metadata, content supply chains and 3rd party integrations
- At least 4-6 years music industry related experience at a record label or digital music service
- Strong music industry relationships
- Experience managing software-driven projects and products
- Understanding of content ingestion systems and metadata values
- Good technical know-how as well as comfort reading and analyzing legal contracts
- Ability to multi-task and handle many priority requests simultaneously
- Strong understanding of music industry evolution and trends
Pandora is committed to diversity in its workforce. Pandora is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, veteran or disability status. Women and people of color are encouraged to apply.
Pandora is also a VEVRAA federal contractor. Pandora requests priority referrals of protected veterans from each ESDS, as required by regulation.
If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org This email box is designed to assist job seekers who require a reasonable accommodation to the application process. A response to your request may take up to two business days.
In your email, please include the following:
- The specific accommodation requested to complete the employment application.
- The location or office to which you would like to apply
- The subject of the email should read "Request for Reasonable Accommodation".
Meet Some of Pandora's Employees
Employee Experience & Inclusion Manager
Courtney articulates and amplifies Pandora’s talent brand, providing visibility and insight into its company culture. She also plays a big role in driving awareness of Pandora’s diversity and inclusion initiatives.
Back to top