Marketing Analyst, (Subscriber Growth & Retention Insights)
At Pandora, we're a unique collection of engineers, musicians, designers, marketers, and world-class sellers with a common goal: to enrich lives by delivering effortless personalized music enjoyment and discovery. People—the listeners, the artists, and our employees—are at the center of our mission and everything we do. Actually, employees at Pandora are a lot like the service itself: bright, eclectic, and innovative. Collaboration is the foundation of our workforce, and we’re looking for smart individuals who are self-motivated and passionate to join us. Be a part of the engine that creates the soundtrack to life. Discover your future at Pandora!
Pandora is looking for a Analyst to join the Subscriber Growth and Retention Insights Team within our Marketing Analytics organization in Oakland, CA.
The role will focus on the email and push marketing channels for Pandora Plus and Premium subscription acquisition and will be responsible for forecasting performance of these channels, evaluating impact of changes, and partnering with Listener Marketing, Product Management, Subscription, Research Science, and Artist Marketing to drive fact based decisions around audience and messaging.
- Expert on our email and push notification subscription marketing channels including product functionality, how listeners engage with them, and the data instrumentation
- Build self-service and ad-hoc reports to understand performance of email and push notification subscription messaging
- Model the impact of changes in marketing product behavior, messaging, audience, etc. on channel performance
- Drive bottoms-up forecast of subscribers from push and email channels
- Develop, execute, and report on AB tests to optimize marketing for subscriptions
- Collaborate with peers on Subscriber Growth and Retention Insights Team to understand cross-channel performance
- Provide key business insights based on emerging data trends
- Visualize key metrics on an ongoing basis to communicate out to Marketing, Subscription, and exec team
- Work with the Marketing Analytics Data Infrastructure, Integrations, and Tools team to ensure appropriate data is tracked and to develop repeatable, automated processes where possible
- Partner with Listener Marketing, Product Management, Subscription, Research Science, and Artist Marketing to drive fact based decisions around audience and messaging
- Education: Master’s degree in Business, Statistics, Mathematics, Information Systems or related field
- 3+ years professional experience in a quantitative field at a mobile or consumer web company
- Strong analytics and problem-solving skills with the ability to draw inferences from abstract data patterns
- Knowledge of email and push as marketing channels (practical experience preferred)
- Familiarity with data visualization application (Tableau and/or other Business Intelligence tools)
- Experience working with relational databases and SQL query languages
- Familiarity with no-SQL architectures (Hadoop) a plus
- Experience with developing, implementing, and reporting on AB tests
- Desire to work in a fast-paced environment and to drive decisions with data
- Excellent time management and attention to detail
- Excellent written and communication skills
Pandora is also a VEVRAA federal contractor. Pandora requests priority referrals of protected veterans from each ESDS, as required by regulation.
If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an email to [email protected] This email box is designed to assist job seekers who require a reasonable accommodation to the application process. A response to your request may take up to two business days.
In your email, please include the following:
- The specific accommodation requested to complete the employment application.
- The location or office to which you would like to apply
- The subject of the email should read "Request for Reasonable Accommodation".
Meet Some of Pandora's Employees
VP, Head of Music Maker Strategy & Operations
In his role, Mike is focused on opening up Pandora to music makers and helping artists maximize their use of the platform with content and live events.
Back to top