Manager, Technical Project Management
At Pandora, we're a unique collection of engineers, musicians, designers, marketers, and world-class sellers with a common goal: to enrich lives by delivering effortless personalized music enjoyment and discovery. People—the listeners, the artists, and our employees—are at the center of our mission and everything we do. Actually, employees at Pandora are a lot like the service itself: bright, eclectic, and innovative. Collaboration is the foundation of our workforce, and we’re looking for smart individuals who are self-motivated and passionate to join us. Be a part of the engine that creates the soundtrack to life. Discover your future at Pandora.
The world’s best internet radio service is seeking a Manager for its recently created Technical Project Management team. The Technical Project Management team at Pandora is responsible for organizing, driving, and providing insights into the technology we develop. This includes defining milestones for product management and engineering to kick off projects, creating project phasing and milestones, providing clear insight into project status, highlighting and accounting for key project risks, and working with the broader product development organization to organize interdependencies between teams. Each technical project manager is a key partner to the product and technology leaders they work with.
- Provides a strong advocacy of Pandora’s development culture both internally and as a recruiting tool
- Has the ability to communicate and influence technical and non-technical team members to promote an environment of excellence
- Skillfully manages expectations regarding project health and status with audiences ranging from executives to individual contributors
- Strives to be a motivational leader to mentor and champion team members beyond their own organization
- Proficiently manages multiple engineering implementations at a time to meet deadlines, identify potential risks and help develop impactful solutions
- Ensures the team fully understands the goals and objectives of Pandora as a company and how their individual work fits into the bigger picture.
- 5+ years managing a team of technical project managers
- A strong technical acumen which represents leadership the team can learn from.
- Experience creating a career framework and guiding a team’s growth
- Strong understanding of SDLC methodologies without being dogmatic about any single way of doing things
- A proven record of collaborating with partners and stakeholders in engineering, product, design, quality assurance, marketing, legal, and sales
- A background in CS is preferred
Pandora is committed to diversity in its workforce. Pandora is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, veteran or disability status. Women and people of color are encouraged to apply.
Pandora is also a VEVRAA federal contractor. Pandora requests priority referrals of protected veterans from each ESDS, as required by regulation.
If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an email to [email protected]
Back to top