Manager, Strategic Solutions
At Pandora, we’re transforming the future of music by unifying the full music experience under one roof. We're an eclectic mix of musicians, engineers, sales superstars and tech pros who all recognize that music is highly personal and has the ability to create an emotional connection. At Pandora, we strive to bring listeners a flawless and personalized music experience while enabling marketers to engage consumers in new and innovative ways, fueling quality time spent between consumers and marketers.
The Sales Development team mission is to build long-term client relationships through a demonstrated understanding of key industry advertising verticals, client business goals and challenges, strategic partnership recommendations, mutually beneficial ideas and measureable results. We’re seeking a Manager, Strategic Solutions to support our East Coast accounts, based out of the New York Office.
As an individual contributor, you will be responsible for influencing customer conversations through strategic storytelling and actionable insights for positive growth and relationship outcomes. You will partner with cross-functional teams to lead the development of insights driven, persuasive marketing solutions for our most strategic accounts, leveraging Pandora’s products and platforms.
From a broader view, our Sales Development organization partners closely with many of the world’s biggest advertisers and agencies to develop digital solutions that builds strong businesses and brands. We enjoy a bird’s eye view on the massive transformation occurring as advertising shifts to mobile and online platforms. We're uniquely situated to help shape how companies grow their businesses in the digital age. We advise clients on Pandora’s broad range of products online and offline to help them connect seamlessly with their audiences.
- Partner with sales partners to develop insights driven marketing solutions to meet and exceed Brand and Agency objectives
- Create integrated proposals in response to RFP requests leveraging Pandora’s solution suite, product expertise and internal relationships
- Leverage market expertise and research to identify opportunities to proactively drive conversation with advertisers through big idea thinking and first to market concepts
- Serve as liaison between sales and support organizations by building strong relationships and work closely across all internal teams including the Music Makers Group, Events, Design, Production, Product, Sales Marketing, Sales Planning, Legal, Brand and Research
- Manage and position communication optimally for the audience/situation at hand
- Participate and present in client meetings
- Turn Pandora and market data into insights to support marketing stories and solution recommendations.
- 5+ years relevant experience in integrated marketing, sales development, sales marketing or related media or marketing function
- Publisher, Brand or Agency experience preferred
- Proven experience in developing strategic, digitally-focused marketing strategies and recommendations leveraging web and mobile platforms
- An articulate professional with excellent oral and written communication skills as this position is required to develop original written content and the demonstrated ability to present in high profile group environments
- Solid understanding of web & mobile marketing, including advertising sales and consumer marketing
- Experience developing programs utilizing experiential (event-based) marketing preferred
- Harnesses a variety of inputs to develop consumer understanding
- Can distinguish between information and insight
- Is able to quickly identify insights that address issues and will drive revenue growth
- Ability to build strong relationships with partners and internal team members
- Detail oriented and driven to excel in a fast-paced environment
- Team oriented/collaborative spirit
- Experience utilizing syndicated research, including eMarketer, ComScore and Kantar
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Expert proficiency at PowerPoint, proficiency in PhotoShop preferred
- Travel (~5-10% of the time)
- Love of music
- Contribute to revenue growth of key accounts through smart strategy and measurable results
Increase collaboration & productivity between Sales Development and internal cross-functional teams
Pandora is committed to diversity in its workforce. Pandora is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, veteran or disability status. Women and people of color are encouraged to apply.
Pandora is also a VEVRAA federal contractor. Pandora requests priority referrals of protected veterans from each ESDS, as required by regulation.
If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an email to [email protected] This email box is designed to assist job seekers who require a reasonable accommodation to the application process. A response to your request may take up to two business days.
In your email, please include the following:
- The specific accommodation requested to complete the employment application.
- The location or office to which you would like to apply
- The subject of the email should read "Request for Reasonable Accommodation".
Meet Some of Pandora's Employees
VP, Head of Music Maker Strategy & Operations
In his role, Mike is focused on opening up Pandora to music makers and helping artists maximize their use of the platform with content and live events.
Back to top