Manager, Release Engineering & DBA
At Pandora, we're a unique collection of engineers, musicians, designers, marketers, and world-class sellers with a common goal: to enrich lives by delivering effortless personalized music enjoyment and discovery. People—the listeners, the artists, and our employees—are at the center of our mission and everything we do. Actually, employees at Pandora are a lot like the service itself: bright, eclectic, and innovative. Collaboration is the foundation of our workforce, and we’re looking for smart individuals who are self-motivated and passionate to join us. Be a part of the engine that creates the soundtrack to life. Discover your future at Pandora!
Do you live and breathe high availability? Do you understand how to facilitate rapid change to production systems while minimizing risk?
We have a fantastic opportunity for someone interested in growing a production engineering team. The Pandora production service is made up of thousands of servers – from database clusters, application servers, in-memory storage and media servers. Your focus will be on keeping Pandora production services running smoothly. This is an exciting and multifaceted role that straddles development and operations.
- Own the strategic vision, planning and execution of release operations and relational database operations
- Manage the release engineering team and oversee operations including software deployment, automation and code line management
- Manage the relational data infrastructure team and oversee operations including service stability, monitoring, performance optimization, software upgrades and security
- Work closely with software engineers, Tools, Technical Operations, and QA to ensure successful deployment of software
- Expand the existing team of engineers by recruiting and hiring top talent
- Assume primary group administrative responsibilities including capacity, budget, resource, and staff planning
- Passionate about improvement, quality and a track record of bringing about change that affects hundreds of internal stakeholders
- Significant experience in a 24x7 uptime environment
- Expert level understanding of UNIX, database technology, networking and software deployment methodologies
- Minimum three years managing engineers
- Experience managing multiple projects comprising short and long development cycles without supervision
- Proven track record of delivering projects with high quality and on schedule
- A progressive management style emphasizing openness, collaboration, and shared goals
- Outstanding collaboration skills with a proven ability to work cross functionally in order to establish and meet shared organizational goals
- Team player with exemplary communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Prefer strong computer science background
- Prefer experience with Jenkins, Postgres, Ansible, Nexus or equivalent technologies
Meet Some of Pandora's Employees
VP, Head of Music Maker Strategy & Operations
In his role, Mike is focused on opening up Pandora to music makers and helping artists maximize their use of the platform with content and live events.
Back to top