Manager, Pricing and Yield - Pandora
- New York, NY
SiriusXM and Pandora have joined together to create the leading audio entertainment company in the U.S. Together, we are uniquely positioned to lead a new era of audio entertainment by delivering the most compelling subscription and ad-supported audio experiences to millions of listeners -- in the car, at home and on the go. Our talent, content, technology and innovation continue to be at the forefront, and we want you to be a part of it! Check out our current openings below and at www.siriusxm.com/careers.
The Pricing & Yield Management team at SiriusXM + Pandora is looking for a Manager of Pricing & Yield. This role will support the organization by evaluating the profitability of Pandora’s ad products, managing inventory/pricing controls and maximizing yield across Pandora’s multiple ad platforms. The right individual will demonstrate the analytical prowess to develop innovative pricing mechanisms, drive operational efficiencies, and unlock new revenue opportunities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interface with management at all levels of seniority to identify trends and drive initiatives related to pricing, inventory management and ad product development
- Collaborate with cross functional groups including ad ops, product, ad solutions, sales and finance to identify pricing and revenue opportunities
- Evaluate profitability and conduct cost/benefit analysis of advertising deals and business partnerships
- Create business and pricing rules based on market value, inventory supply/demand, targeting, price discrimination, etc.
- Manage inventory allocation and pricing function for all ad products and sponsorships
- Employ in-depth understanding of ad functionality, availability/supply and demand, and delivery mechanism to establish market rate card and pricing of custom ad packages
- Analyze seller behavior to identify trends and optimize pricing
- 5+ years of direct experience the area of quantitative business analysis, including 2-3 years of dedicated pricing, yield management and inventory management experience required
- Experience with digital advertising and online publishers with multiple sales channels, plus excellent written and communication skills with the ability to present complex analysis to senior executives
Requirements and General Skills:
- Develop quantitative analysis, ad hoc reports, models, to support decision making
- Create and maintain reporting, forecasting models, dashboards, etc. related to all revenue channels
- Integrate pricing models and inventory segmentation into Pandora’s proprietary order management system
- Forecast inventory availability, sell through, employing statistical analysis and modeling when needed
- Develop and maintain inter-departmental processes for inventory allocation and approvals
- Lead communication to inform management of sell through and yield trends, insights and opportunities
- Provide proactive recommendations to drive monetization of various inventory segments in order to maximize revenue
- Knowledge of Salesforce, order management systems, and/or other business analytics and reporting software such as Tableau preferred
- Experience with online advertising platforms (Google Ad Manager (DFP, AdX), DSPs, etc.) preferred
- Exposure working with SQL and databases, including Hadoop and Hive a plus
- Excellent time management, attention to detail, and comfort in fast-paced/changing environment a must
Our goal at SiriusXM+Pandora is to provide and maintain a work environment that fosters mutual respect, professionalism and cooperation. SiriusXM+Pandora is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, gender identity, marital status, familial status, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.
Back to top