Manager, Device Software Engineering
At Pandora, we're a unique collection of engineers, musicians, designers, marketers, and world-class sellers with a common goal: to enrich lives by delivering effortless personalized music enjoyment and discovery. People—the listeners, the artists, and our employees—are at the center of our mission and everything we do. Actually, employees at Pandora are a lot like the service itself: bright, eclectic, and innovative. Collaboration is the foundation of our workforce, and we’re looking for smart individuals who are self-motivated and passionate to join us. Be a part of the engine that creates the soundtrack to life. Discover your future at Pandora.
- Lead the definition and development of our device integrations
- Drive best practices including test development, code reviews, and release coordination
- Work closely with Engineers, Product Managers, and QA to ensure successful launch of features
- Assume project management and Scrum Master roles as needed
- Expand the existing team of engineers by recruiting and hiring top talent
- Assume primary group administrative responsibilities including budget, resource, and staff planning
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent with 3 years of managing a high performant, software development team
- Extensive experience leading a technology team that delivers on key goals while also being involved in the determination of those goals and strategic direction
- Expert level understanding of device and mobile (iOS and Android) application development
- Experience developing object oriented software in Java or equivalent
- Experience developing software for deployment on Linux
- Experience managing multiple projects comprising short and long development cycles without supervision
- Experience managing a complex mix of projects and working closely with other parts of the business to communicate and deliver against various goals
- Proven track record of delivering high quality software on schedule
- Exemplary communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
Pandora is committed to diversity in its workforce. Pandora is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, veteran or disability status. Women and people of color are encouraged to apply.
Pandora is also a VEVRAA federal contractor. Pandora requests priority referrals of protected veterans from each ESDS, as required by regulation.
If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an email to [email protected]
In your email, please include the following:
- The specific accommodation requested to complete the employment application.
- The location or office to which you would like to apply
- The subject of the email should read "Request for Reasonable Accommodation".
Meet Some of Pandora's Employees
VP, Head of Music Maker Strategy & Operations
In his role, Mike is focused on opening up Pandora to music makers and helping artists maximize their use of the platform with content and live events.
Back to top