Manager Business Development
At Pandora, we're a unique collection of engineers, musicians, designers, marketers, and world-class sellers with a common goal: to enrich lives by delivering effortless personalized music enjoyment and discovery. People—the listeners, the artists, and our employees—are at the center of our mission and everything we do. Actually, employees at Pandora are a lot like the service itself: bright, eclectic, and innovative. Collaboration is the foundation of our workforce, and we’re looking for smart individuals who are self-motivated and passionate to join us. Be a part of the engine that creates the soundtrack to life. Discover your future at Pandora.
- Identify and develop new partnership opportunities through concept, evaluation, negotiation and launch phases.
- Create and maintain active relationships with Pandora’s key partners, proactively resolving business issues, and serving both as an advocate for partners internally as well as an evangelist for Pandora externally. You will drive the relationship building process between partners and Pandora at multiple levels of the respective organizations.
- Model impact of potential business opportunities; summarize findings and recommendations for discussion with product, engineering, marketing and executive teams.
- Partner with legal team to negotiate licensing and distribution deals.
- Work closely with the Pandora product and marketing teams to guide new product launch plans and promotional efforts.
- Proven success in ideating, developing, negotiating and closing complex and creative technology licensing and distribution deals.
- 5+ years relevant business experience.
- Strong ability to drive internal stakeholders to a consensus.
- Serve as the main point of contact for partner on day-to-day basis; use impeccable decision making to proactively and effectively resolve business issues.
- Proficiency in modeling and competitive landscape analysis.
- Organized, detail-oriented, and able to coordinate and lead meetings across multiple teams and functions, including an audience that includes executive team members.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong contract negotiation skills.
- Self motivated and curious. Ability to simultaneously balance multiple objectives in a fast-paced, collaborative and evolving organization.
- Experience in mobile apps, digital media, advertising, music is a plus.
Pandora is committed to diversity in its workforce. Pandora is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, veteran or disability status. Women and people of color are encouraged to apply.
Pandora is also a VEVRAA federal contractor. Pandora requests priority referrals of protected veterans from each ESDS, as required by regulation.
If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org This email box is designed to assist job seekers who require a reasonable accommodation to the application process. A response to your request may take up to two business days.
In your email, please include the following:
- The specific accommodation requested to complete the employment application.
- The location or office to which you would like to apply
- The subject of the email should read "Request for Reasonable Accommodation".
Meet Some of Pandora's Employees
VP, Head of Music Maker Strategy & Operations
In his role, Mike is focused on opening up Pandora to music makers and helping artists maximize their use of the platform with content and live events.
Back to top