Manager Audience Data Operations
At Pandora, we're a unique collection of engineers, musicians, designers, marketers, and world-class sellers with a common goal: to enrich lives by delivering effortless personalized music enjoyment and discovery. People—the listeners, the artists, and our employees—are at the center of our mission and everything we do. Actually, employees at Pandora are a lot like the service itself: bright, eclectic, and innovative. Collaboration is the foundation of our workforce, and we’re looking for smart individuals who are self-motivated and passionate to join us. Be a part of the engine that creates the soundtrack to life. Discover your future at Pandora!
Manager, Audience Data Operations
The Manager, Data Operations plays a key role in the Audience Monetization team. This person will deliver critical insights and analysis supporting the overall drive to increase audience targeted advertising revenue. The successful candidate will be responsible for researching, setting up, managing, and maintaining audience segments in our internal and external DMP installations. The candidate will also collect, clean and analyze large datasets and must be able to communicate results clearly to varied stakeholders inside and outside the organization including Sales Research, Ad Science, Ad Innovation Strategy, and Advertising Clients.
- Create and manage segmentation processes around 1st, 2nd, & 3rd party data
- Work across teams to identify and communicate segment audience sizes and inventory availability
- Create and maintain custom segmentation and reporting including development of SQL queries and tableau views
- Collaborate with Product and Engineering to develop scalable processes and tools for ingesting advertiser owned audience data into the Pandora platform.
- Maintain and grow the DMP systems by managing bug/task requests with Product and Engineering groups
- Compile deterministic cross device graphs for data matching
- Perform business analysis to inform and/or develop cost optimizations, revenue monitoring, trends, quarterly business readouts, and ad hoc reports
- Own development of comprehensive functional specification documents, process flow diagrams, solution design documents, use cases, test plans, and training documentation
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Statistics, Mathematics, or related field
- 6+ years in an analytical role
- Extensive experience with SQL and database concepts required
- Experience with reporting tools such as PowerPoint & Tableau required
- 4+ years with experience in Hive Airflow and ELT processes preferred
- Mastery of Excel required
- Excellent problem solving ability
- Exceptional attention to detail and ability to plan/pace projects
- Strong analytical, communication and documentation skills
- Experience with online advertising preferred
- Experience with python a plus
- Experience with online advertising platforms (Doubleclick (DFP), Atlas, etc) preferred
- Experience with programmatic buying and selling systems
- Ideal candidate is proactive and willing to work with minimal supervision
- Comfortable in fast-paced and changing environment
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Strong familiarity with 1st, 2nd, 3rd Party data in a mobile first environment
- Effective in building strong cross-functional partnerships and navigating multiple functions at once - across internal and external teams
- Ability to influence conversations and outcomes as needed to drive to the best possible result for the project
The right individual will demonstrate strong analytical problem solving abilities and thrive in a fast paced environment. Strong understanding of audience targeting technologies in an in-app environment strongly preferred.
Pandora is committed to diversity in its workforce. Pandora is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, veteran or disability status. Women and people of color are encouraged to apply.
Pandora is also a VEVRAA federal contractor. Pandora requests priority referrals of protected veterans from each ESDS, as required by regulation.
If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an email to email@example.com This email box is designed to assist job seekers who require a reasonable accommodation to the application process. A response to your request may take up to two business days.
In your email, please include the following:
- The specific accommodation requested to complete the employment application.
- The location or office to which you would like to apply
- The subject of the email should read "Request for Reasonable Accommodation".
Back to top