MacOS Administrator & Automation Engineer
At Pandora, we're a unique collection of engineers, musicians, designers, marketers, and world-class sellers with a common goal: to enrich lives by delivering effortless personalized music enjoyment and discovery. People—the listeners, the artists, and our employees—are at the center of our mission and everything we do. Actually, employees at Pandora are a lot like the service itself: bright, eclectic, and innovative. Collaboration is the foundation of our workforce, and we’re looking for smart individuals who are self-motivated and passionate to join us. Be a part of the engine that creates the soundtrack to life. Discover your future at Pandora!
Pandora has an opening on our production Systems Engineering team in the Technical Operations organization for a talented engineer to build, support, and maintain our MacOS cluster; a growing collection of local, datacenter housed, and cloud provisioned Mac hardware used in compiling and testing our internally developed applications. You will need to be familiar with the appropriate orchestration tools to configure and image large numbers of servers simultaneously and provide support to the Build and QA automation teams who are the primary consumers of these servers.
- Minimum 3 years experience with Mac OS X administration and a strong familiarity with Linux
- Extensive experience building, supporting, and troubleshooting multi-server environments
- Strong experience in complex systems, proactive planning and rapid response emphasizing stability and performance
- Direct experience building and supporting Ansible based configuration playbooks
- Conversant on build CI / CD systems and supporting software such as Xcode and Jenkins
- Familiarity with Linux and Mac OS command lines and supporting via remote shell
- System management and monitoring technologies, such as Prometheus
- Self-motivated, capable of managing your time well, and work efficiently without close supervision
- Team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Participation in on-call support rotation
- Experience with Docker
- Build system automation design and tools, such as Anka
- Design and operation of scalable monitoring and log processing systems
- Use of service registration tools such as Consul
- Casper imaging servcies
- BA/BS or better in Computer Science or a related field
Pandora is committed to diversity in its workforce. Pandora is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, veteran or disability status. Women and people of color are encouraged to apply.
Pandora is also a VEVRAA federal contractor. Pandora requests priority referrals of protected veterans from each ESDS, as required by regulation.
If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org This email box is designed to assist job seekers who require a reasonable accommodation to the application process. A response to your request may take up to two business days.
In your email, please include the following:
- The specific accommodation requested to complete the employment application.
- The location or office to which you would like to apply
- The subject of the email should read "Request for Reasonable Accommodation".
Meet Some of Pandora's Employees
Employee Experience & Inclusion Manager
Courtney articulates and amplifies Pandora’s talent brand, providing visibility and insight into its company culture. She also plays a big role in driving awareness of Pandora’s diversity and inclusion initiatives.
Back to top