- Oakland, CA
SiriusXM and Pandora have joined together to create the leading audio entertainment company in the U.S. Together, we are uniquely positioned to lead a new era of audio entertainment by delivering the most compelling subscription and ad-supported audio experiences to millions of listeners -- in the car, at home and on the go. Our talent, content, technology and innovation continue to be at the forefront, and we want you to be a part of it! Check out our current openings below and at www.siriusxm.com/careers.
The Content Licensing team is looking for a key strategic contributor to help manage Pandora’s sound recording licenses and business relationships with independent labels. This Licensing Manager will be responsible for negotiating and closing deals with the indies -- including amendments to Pandora’s existing licenses, new licenses as needed, and other music-related agreements. Additionally, this role will work cross-functionally within Pandora to advise on, and support, the licensing needs of other departments. Frequent activities will include rights assessments, and coordination, execution, and tracking of asset clearance requests. This role also may include partner management responsibilities, covering Pandora’s day-to-day relationships with label partners and representing Pandora’s interests while ensuring that partners’ inquiries and needs are super-served.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Negotiate and close large volume of agreements covering sound recording rights, within tight parameters and deadlines
- Work collaboratively across departments to ensure each department has the rights it needs to execute on its objectives
- Support the broader Content Licensing team on activities that cut across all deals, with initial focus on coordinating and executing asset clearance requests
- Interpret existing agreements covering music-related content, in order to identify and address business issues and render advice to departments across the company
- Evaluate potential arrangements and agreements with licensors, including copyright-related questions and claims made by artists, their managers and labels
- 4-6 years music industry experience, preferably at a streaming service or record label
- At least 2 years negotiating agreements for sound recording rights, with proven track record of closing deals
Requirements and General Skills:
- Strong business relationships and credibility within the indie label community
- Comfort reading and analyzing legal contracts
- Highly collaborative interpersonal skills; ability to work professionally with anyone; a team player
- Strong business judgment and intellectual maturity; ability to craft solutions that appropriately balance risk and business objectives
- Superb communication skills: writing, reading comprehension and speaking
- Strong organizational skills; ability to manage, track and prioritize large numbers of projects and agreements
- An understanding of the compulsory license for webcasters set up under Section 114 of the US Copyright Code
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
- Thorough knowledge of MS-Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
Our goal at SiriusXM+Pandora is to provide and maintain a work environment that fosters mutual respect, professionalism and cooperation. SiriusXM+Pandora is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, gender identity, marital status, familial status, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.
Back to top