Lead Curator-Programmer Pop
At Pandora, we're a unique collection of engineers, musicians, designers, marketers, and world-class sellers with a common goal: to enrich lives by delivering effortless personalized music enjoyment and discovery. People—the listeners, the artists, and our employees—are at the center of our mission and everything we do. Actually, employees at Pandora are a lot like the service itself: bright, eclectic, and innovative. Collaboration is the foundation of our workforce, and we’re looking for smart individuals who are self-motivated and passionate to join us. Be a part of the engine that creates the soundtrack to life. Discover your future at Pandora!
We are seeking an individual with expertise, experience and deep passion for Pop music; as well as a vision for Pop music across streaming radio, on demand and custom content platforms. The person in this role will curate genre radio stations and on demand playlists, develop the Pop library, and create editorial content. The ideal candidate brings experience in terrestrial radio, digital radio or playlisting.
This Curator Programmer is responsible for the Pop, the number one genre on the service, representing more than 10 million weekly unique listeners. Create new and innovative culturally relevant content programs, serving listeners across all 3 tiers of service to fill programming gaps and fulfill all listener needs.
- Program Pandora’s Pop genre stations, mix-tapes and playlists.
- Curate and monitor performance of new material on the Pop genre stations and playlists.
- Listen and evaluate all content objectively, without personal bias.
- Ability to interpret analytics to inform programming strategies.
- Understand the relationship between curatorial and computational programming (the algorithm)
- Ability to create and manage song categories and programming sequences.
- Contribute to Competitive Analysis and recommendations.
- Curate Pandora’s library of Pop content for the radio and on demand collection.
- Establish and monitor metrics to evaluate Pop listening on Pandora.
- Provide general support for Curators & Librarians with acquisition, meta-data development, and library projects.
- Produce written editorial content within the domain of Pop.
- Provide programming expertise as needed in producing custom content projects.
- Voice recorded content to be featured on Pandora stations
- Ability to craft Power Point presentations and present to stakeholders
- Represent and advocate for programs and initiatives that seek grow our presence in the Pop ecosystem.
- Provide genre domain knowledge throughout Pandora. Partner with marketing, sales, comms, IR and product when expertise in a genre will benefit all of Pandora.
- Work closely with Industry Relations team, contributing to Artist Marketing programs
- 3-5+ years relevant experience curating, programming Pop for radio, or digital service.
- Deep knowledge of Pop history, culture, and production.
- A collaborator, a team player, a problem solver that wants to win.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a history of producing high quality editorial content.
- Ability to utilize and develop data driven metrics, and qualitative information.
- BA or BS in relevant area preferred.
Pandora is committed to diversity in its workforce. Pandora is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, veteran or disability status. Women and people of color are encouraged to apply.
Pandora is also a VEVRAA federal contractor. Pandora requests priority referrals of protected veterans from each ESDS, as required by regulation.
If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an email to [email protected] This email box is designed to assist job seekers who require a reasonable accommodation to the application process. A response to your request may take up to two business days.
In your email, please include the following:
- The specific accommodation requested to complete the employment application.
- The location or office to which you would like to apply
- The subject of the email should read "Request for Reasonable Accommodation".
Meet Some of Pandora's Employees
VP, Head of Music Maker Strategy & Operations
In his role, Mike is focused on opening up Pandora to music makers and helping artists maximize their use of the platform with content and live events.
Back to top