Latin Curator-Programmer (Contract)
At Pandora, we're a unique collection of engineers, musicians, designers, marketers, and world-class sellers with a common goal: to enrich lives by delivering effortless personalized music enjoyment and discovery. People—the listeners, the artists, and our employees—are at the center of our mission and everything we do. Actually, employees at Pandora are a lot like the service itself: bright, eclectic, and innovative. Collaboration is the foundation of our workforce, and we’re looking for smart individuals who are self-motivated and passionate to join us. Be a part of the engine that creates the soundtrack to life. Discover your future at Pandora!
We are seeking an individual with expertise, experience and deep passion for Latin music; as well as a vision for Latin across streaming radio, on demand and custom content platforms. The person in this role will curate genre stations, develop the Latin library, and create editorial content. The ideal candidate brings experience in terrestrial radio, digital radio or playlisting.
Curator-Programmer, Latin Contractor areas of responsibility:
- Program Pandora’s Latin genre stations, mix-tapes and playlists as assigned by Head of Latin Music.
- Curate and monitor performance of new material on the Latin genre stations and playlists.
- Ability to listen and evaluate all content objectively, without personal bias.
- Design and use metrics to inform programming strategies.
- Ability to create and manage song categories and programming sequences.
- Contribute to Competitive Analysis and recommendations.
- Curate Pandora’s library of Latin content for the radio and on demand collection, globally.
- Establish and monitor metrics to evaluate Latin listening on Pandora.
- Provide general support for Curators & Librarians with acquisition, meta-data development, and library projects.
- 3-5+ years relevant experience curating, programming Latin for radio, or digital service.
- Deep knowledge of Latin history, culture, and production.
- A collaborator, a team player, a problem solver that wants to win.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a history of producing high quality editorial content.
- Ability to utilize and develop data driven metrics, and qualitative information.
- BA or BS in relevant area preferred.
Pandora is committed to diversity in its workforce. Pandora is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, veteran or disability status. Women and people of color are encouraged to apply.
Pandora is also a VEVRAA federal contractor. Pandora requests priority referrals of protected veterans from each ESDS, as required by regulation.
If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an email to email@example.com This email box is designed to assist job seekers who require a reasonable accommodation to the application process. A response to your request may take up to two business days.
In your email, please include the following:
- The specific accommodation requested to complete the employment application.
- The location or office to which you would like to apply
- The subject of the email should read "Request for Reasonable Accommodation".
Meet Some of Pandora's Employees
VP, Head of Music Maker Strategy & Operations
In his role, Mike is focused on opening up Pandora to music makers and helping artists maximize their use of the platform with content and live events.
Back to top