Head of Technology Program Management
At Pandora, we're a unique collection of engineers, musicians, designers, marketers, and world-class sellers with a common goal: to enrich lives by delivering effortless personalized music enjoyment and discovery. People—the listeners, the artists, and our employees—are at the center of our mission and everything we do. Actually, employees at Pandora are a lot like the service itself: bright, eclectic, and innovative. Collaboration is the foundation of our workforce, and we’re looking for smart individuals who are self-motivated and passionate to join us. Be a part of the engine that creates the soundtrack to life. Discover your future at Pandora!
The Head of Technology Program Management reports to the Chief Product Officer & EVP Engineering and drives the execution against milestones during the lifecycle of all major product launches across Pandora’s product and technology portfolio. The Head of TPM is a member of the Product Development Leadership team and collaborates closely with product, design, engineering and science leaders to create and deliver innovative products to market with speed and high quality of service. She or he will coordinate cross-functionally with Business Development, Marketing, Communications and the Executive Leadership Team to collaborate and align activities to drive growth and adoption. This role has several key responsibilities, including but not limited to:
Owns the end-to-end quarterly resource planning process with a portfolio view across all PD org. Will optimize our existing process to rationalize headcount and workforce planning for hundreds of staff in Product Development working across all platforms and product launches. The Head of TPM will instill a consistent, transparent, responsive, flexible approach to cross-functional project planning, project management and communications to account for successful product delivery.
Technology Program Management
Provides leadership, guidance, training, and mentorship to the TPM team. The TPM team is comprised of highly-skilled technical program managers who are assigned to Missions (high-impact, cross-engineering product launches) and other critical projects in delivering up-to-date status, aligning all stakeholders on decisions that result from thorough, comprehensive reviews of program and timeline risks. The TPM team works hand-in-hand with Product, Design (listeners, content creators, advertisers), Engineering (Architecture, APIs, Client Apps, Platform, Developer Enablement) and Science teams. This role ensures continuous improvement of all program management methodologies, templates and tools to account for new/updated workflows, communications, interdependencies, and overall support of Product Dev org.
- Maintains and evolves our ongoing resource capacity planning and allocation aligning to product roadmap prioritization, with a portfolio view across all PD org
- Lead Technology Program Management function and team of program managers at multiple levels
- Document, communicate and continually evolve the resource planning framework that includes the following areas of focus: Roadmap planning process (dates and steps from start to publish), Status reporting and stakeholder communications, communications with multiple company functions
- Anticipate and aggressively remove obstacles that slow down or prevent project teams from delivering on project goals.
- Product Development (PD) communication point for cross-functional needs pre- and post- launch
- Provide transparent visibility to program status (key decisions, dependencies, issues, risks, metrics, etc.) on an ongoing basis through push status reporting (to all stakeholders, team members, and interested parties).
- Lead cross-functional meetings with key product and stakeholders for each program to help make key decisions, remove obstacles, and address key program issues. Be the key driver to ensure business goals are met and support the strategic vision of each program.
- Develop strong partnerships with functional leaders to drive focus on business objectives. Be a trusted partner for executive management to ensure program success.
- Owns Product Development org on-boarding process, (“Intro to Product Development”)
- Create a collaborative environment that fosters creativity, innovation, and learning.
- Be a thought leader within the organization, someone who can help advance our Product and Technology strategy globally and challenge others in the organization to change.
- Ensure project documentation is available, relevant, and up-to-date
- Collaborative by nature, quickly and easily builds relationships, ensures open dialogue, engenders trust and partners well within a team to deliver results
- 15+ years of large-scale program/project management, engineering and/ or product management leadership experience
- 7+ years of people management and development experience
- Ability to understand technical subjects and technologies relevant to Pandora’s product portfolio.
- Strong influence, organizational, project management, analysis, and communication skills.
- Ability to work well as a member of a highly integrated team composed of both technical and non-technical members.
- Experienced with setting up processes to improve engagements between technology, product and cross-functional groups (i.e. has led process development within a central product and engineering organization)
- Thorough understanding of the software development lifecycle; ability to adjust and apply this knowledge in a dynamic environment using agile methodologies.
- Outstanding organizational, communication, interpersonal, relationship building skills conducive to collaboration; able to work well in a cross-functional, matrix management environment.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills with a history of hands-on, detail orientation.
- Comfortable bending between the tactical and strategic.
- Ability to manage/juggle competing priorities without loss of efficiency.
- Ability to establish credibility and rapport with senior executives and technical and non-technical team members alike.
- Ability to successfully influence and collaborate with all functions functions across the entire company.
- Experience with Program Portfolio Management.
- Seasoned expert with typical Project management tools such as Jira, Smartsheet, Excel etc.
- Creative and flexible mindset to planning and problem-solving, ability to lean into the details while maintaining the “big picture”
- High degree of financial acumen - proven track record of planning and executing on the financial aspect of deliverables
- Can roll up their sleeves and get hands-on to implement and use project management tools that enable success
Pandora is committed to diversity in its workforce. Pandora is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, veteran or disability status. Women and people of color are encouraged to apply.
Pandora is also a VEVRAA federal contractor. Pandora requests priority referrals of protected veterans from each ESDS, as required by regulation.
If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org This email box is designed to assist job seekers who require a reasonable accommodation to the application process. A response to your request may take up to two business days.
In your email, please include the following:
- The specific accommodation requested to complete the employment application.
- The location or office to which you would like to apply
- The subject of the email should read "Request for Reasonable Accommodation".
Back to top