Head of Internal Audit
At Pandora, we're a unique collection of engineers, musicians, designers, marketers, and world-class sellers with a common goal: to enrich lives by delivering effortless personalized music enjoyment and discovery. People—the listeners, the artists, and our employees—are at the center of our mission and everything we do. Actually, employees at Pandora are a lot like the service itself: bright, eclectic, and innovative. Collaboration is the foundation of our workforce, and we’re looking for smart individuals who are self-motivated and passionate to join us. Be a part of the engine that creates the soundtrack to life. Discover your future at Pandora!
Head of Internal Audit
The Head of Internal Audit reports to the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors with administrative reporting to the Chief Accounting Officer. This position will have direct and regular contact with the Audit Committee and will assist the Committee in achieving its charter as it relates to risk and compliance. The ideal candidate will be responsible for:
- developing an enterprise risk management program.
- planning, executing and reporting results of financial, operational, and IT audits.
- planning, testing and reporting on the effectiveness of internal controls as required by the Sarbanes-Oxley act.
What You’ll Do
- Drive the development of and execute against risk-based audit plans that clearly define the objective and scope of each review, employing critical thinking and appropriate testing methodologies.
- Partner with executive leadership and key cross-functional leaders on the development of a company-wide enterprise risk management program.
- Develop strong relationships with clients, teaching them how to think about identifying and mitigating risks in their environment.
- Provide proactive counsel on new system development and implementation efforts, acquisitions and other strategic initiatives to ensure that internal controls are considered and designed into processes.
- Provide an independent appraisal of internal controls over financial reporting, IT controls and other key areas of compliance; regularly engage with the external audit team to monitor status and to identify emerging risks and areas of new or increasing focus.
- Communicate and validate findings with clients in a timely manner, obtaining client agreement on the root cause of issues and advising clients on potential solutions for remediation, as well as reaching agreed-upon timelines for remediation activities
- Drive the preparation of presentations to management at the conclusion of each audit and appraisal of corrective actions.
- Manage a talented team of professionals, utilizing and overseeing the work of outside experts as necessary.
- Partner with the legal and compliance organization on the investigation of whistleblower complaints and other matters.
What You Need
- 12+ years of progressive accounting, audit and/or finance, or other relevant work experience.
- 6 years of supervisory experience of comparable or larger sized audit groups required.
- International work experience and FCPA, cyber security assessment and audit experience.
- Proficiency in auditing standards and generally accepted accounting principles and pronouncements.
- Experience with planning and executing engagements utilizing an integrated audit approach.
- Demonstrated experience building diverse, high performing teams.
- Excellent leadership, organizational and analytical skills, demonstrated in critical thinking, attention to detail and problem-solving.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to interface effectively with executives and the audit committee.
- Professional certification such as CPA, CIA, or CISA is desirable
Pandora is committed to diversity in its workforce. Pandora is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, veteran or disability status. Women and people of color are encouraged to apply.
Pandora is also a VEVRAA federal contractor. Pandora requests priority referrals of protected veterans from each ESDS, as required by regulation.
If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org This email box is designed to assist job seekers who require a reasonable accommodation to the application process. A response to your request may take up to two business days.
In your email, please include the following:
- The specific accommodation requested to complete the employment application.
- The location or office to which you would like to apply
- The subject of the email should read "Request for Reasonable Accommodation".
Meet Some of Pandora's Employees
Employee Experience & Inclusion Manager
Courtney articulates and amplifies Pandora’s talent brand, providing visibility and insight into its company culture. She also plays a big role in driving awareness of Pandora’s diversity and inclusion initiatives.
Back to top