Head of Automotive Business Development & Strategy
At Pandora, we're a unique collection of engineers, musicians, designers, marketers, and world-class sellers with a common goal: to enrich lives by delivering effortless personalized music enjoyment and discovery. People—the listeners, the artists, and our employees—are at the center of our mission and everything we do. Actually, employees at Pandora are a lot like the service itself: bright, eclectic, and innovative. Collaboration is the foundation of our workforce, and we’re looking for smart individuals who are self-motivated and passionate to join us. Be a part of the engine that creates the soundtrack to life. Discover your future at Pandora!
The role will be responsible for leading Pandora’s automotive partnership strategy and execution, from strategy development, closing new partnership deals and growing our existing network of Automotive partners.
You will lead our automotive partnerships in collaboration with product, business development, engineering, and marketing teams to define the partnership strategy and optimize Pandora’s presence in the automotive category. You will identify, develop, close and grow new strategic partnerships for Pandora focused on growing our in-car audience and increasing listening. Your role combines expertise in the automotive industry (including OEM and non-integrated solutions) with music, audio or entertainment services to drive listener adoption of Pandora with current and future automotive industry partners.
You will work directly with world-class partners to help scope new opportunities focused on increased distribution and engagement. You will be part of a top-tier team that loves consumer technology, business strategy, closing deals, and growing partnerships and who have helped establish Pandora as the #1 most engaged mobile app in the US and pioneer in the connected home and automotive space.
- Lead Pandora’s automotive partnership strategy encompassing Auto manufacturers, after-marketing hardware, in-car software platforms, autonomous driving, ride-sharing and other auto-focused partners
- Drive Pandora’s relationships and integrations with leading automotive brands
- Lead development of new business models to support distribution of Pandora in automobiles
- Build, manage and grow relationships with our most important partners, proactively addressing business issues and identifying ways to maximize value for both parties
- Present strategy and regular updates on Pandora Automotive Strategy to Executive Leadership Team
- Continually re-imagine and revise partnership & integration approaches to maintain and improve Pandora’s presence in automotive and in-car listening
- Maintain pipeline of new automotive partnership opportunities designed to drive increased listening, revenue and extend Pandora’s brand
- Deliver insightful product recommendations to business and executive leaders about partner and product trends, OEM competitive landscape and software product integrations
- Build alignment and effectively influence multiple stakeholders
- Drive multiple teams and stakeholders towards execution
- Work closely with product, engineering, marketing, and legal teams to identify impactful opportunities and drive partnerships to execution
- Reports to VP Business Development
- 8+ years of demonstrated success in business development that resulted in user growth via partnerships in the automotive space
- Experience with Automotive OEMs, Tier 1 Supplier landscape & automotive software platforms
- Experience with partnerships at consumer technology and/or media brands in the digital industry; music or entertainment experience a plus
- Demonstrated ability to build a partnership strategy and identify and develop new partnerships from concept to activation
- Proven success in ideating, developing, negotiating and closing complex and creative deals
- Organized, detail-oriented, and able to coordinate and lead meetings across multiple teams and functions
- Ability to make thoughtful, actionable recommendations under minimal structure, and quickly build consensus with senior level internal and external stakeholders
- Strong contract negotiation skills
- Extensive industry contacts and demonstrated ability to navigate Automotive business and technology scenes
- BA or equivalent required; MBA or advanced degree desired
- Self-motivated, curious, high energy and persistent personality, and excellent interpersonal and presentation skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative and evolving organization
- Passionate about the work you’ll do at Pandora
Pandora is committed to diversity in its workforce. Pandora is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, veteran or disability status. Women and people of color are encouraged to apply.
Pandora is also a VEVRAA federal contractor. Pandora requests priority referrals of protected veterans from each ESDS, as required by regulation.
If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org This email box is designed to assist job seekers who require a reasonable accommodation to the application process. A response to your request may take up to two business days.
In your email, please include the following:
- The specific accommodation requested to complete the employment application.
- The location or office to which you would like to apply
- The subject of the email should read "Request for Reasonable Accommodation".
Meet Some of Pandora's Employees
Employee Experience & Inclusion Manager
Courtney articulates and amplifies Pandora’s talent brand, providing visibility and insight into its company culture. She also plays a big role in driving awareness of Pandora’s diversity and inclusion initiatives.
Back to top