Group Product Manager, Ad Buying Experience
At Pandora, we're a unique collection of engineers, musicians, designers, marketers, and world-class sellers with a common goal: to enrich lives by delivering effortless personalized music enjoyment and discovery. People—the listeners, the artists, and our employees—are at the center of our mission and everything we do. Actually, employees at Pandora are a lot like the service itself: bright, eclectic, and innovative. Collaboration is the foundation of our workforce, and we’re looking for smart individuals who are self-motivated and passionate to join us. Be a part of the engine that creates the soundtrack to life. Discover your future at Pandora.
We have a terrific opportunity for a strong cross-functional leader who will work across stakeholders in sales, operations, engineering, QA and other PM teams to drive alignment on roadmap priorities for ad buying platforms that support more than a billion dollars in revenue. Your goal will be to scale the ad buying process so that thousands of campaigns can be supported by internal and external users. To accomplish this, buying ads must be as frictionless as possible for all types of campaigns and ad products - broadcast, digital, brand, direct response, seller-assisted and self-serve channels; audio, display, and video ads. There are several products managers on the Ad Buying Experience team and each one has primary ownership of one or more components/areas which include workflow and transaction types (e.g. planning and campaign reporting are core workflow components and self-service and API-based buying are transaction type components). These PMs work with one another and their stakeholders to deliver an optimized end-to-end buying experience. The Group PM will lead this team of PMs by providing high level direction on how the ad buying platforms need to evolve and paving the way for the team to work most effectively. This position is full time and based in our Oakland office.
- Lead the Ad Buying PM team in defining and driving the vision for Pandora’s ad buying platforms which support planning, campaign management, and billing for seller-assisted, self-service, programmatic and API-based buying
- Maintain the pulse of where the advertising market is, where it is headed, and how Pandora's ad buying technology will evolve to meet the needs of customers
- Work with the Ad Buying PM team to define a roadmap that balances the needs of running the business today with growing the business in the future
- Partner closely with ad operations and other key stakeholders to ensure alignment on roadmap priorities and feature adoption when launched
- Collaborate with leads on other teams including engineering, QA, sales, ad operations, and finance to scale the cross-functional team’s ability to launch ad buying platform features that help grow the next billion dollars in revenue
- 7+ years software product management experience, 3+ managing a team of product managers
- Very familiar with the tools and operational workflows of the digital and/or broadcast ad buying industries from pre-sale through post-sale including planning, trafficking, optimization, billing, and revenue recognition.
- Experience using buy side or sell side ad systems, proprietary or 3rd party.
- Experience working with engineering and QA teams in building and launching ad technology features end-to-end
- Strong analytics background in assessing the value of features to inform roadmap priorities and being able to justify them to stakeholders
- Proven track record removing workflow complexity with simplified and superior product design solutions
- A problem solver that thrives on solving complex business and technical issues
- Excellent public speaking and one-on-one communication skills
Pandora is committed to diversity in its workforce. Pandora is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, veteran or disability status. Women and people of color are encouraged to apply.
Pandora is also a VEVRAA federal contractor. Pandora requests priority referrals of protected veterans from each ESDS, as required by regulation.
If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an email to [email protected].
Back to top