Group Product Management Lead, Music Personalization
At Pandora, we're a unique collection of engineers, musicians, designers, marketers, and world-class sellers with a common goal: to enrich lives by delivering effortless personalized music enjoyment and discovery. People—the listeners, the artists, and our employees—are at the center of our mission and everything we do. Actually, employees at Pandora are a lot like the service itself: bright, eclectic, and innovative. Collaboration is the foundation of our workforce, and we’re looking for smart individuals who are self-motivated and passionate to join us. Be a part of the engine that creates the soundtrack to life. Discover your future at Pandora!
We have a great opportunity for a passionate, analytical, cross-functional, and experienced leader to own the vision, innovation and execution of Pandora’s music programming product. Your leadership will impact a massive user base with billions of hours of monthly listening time, across touch points ranging from mobile apps to cars to voice assistant platforms. You’ll have the opportunity to work with incredible engineers, scientists, designers, marketers, and other contributors to ship amazing products and features, in an environment that combines brilliant thinking, open-ended creativity, fun activities, and mutual respect. This position is full time and based in our Oakland office.
- Drive the vision and execution of the music programming product roadmap: Serving up a personalized music experience to 75+M listeners per month.
- Relevant experience working with recommendation systems, machine learning and science-driven product development partnerships.
- Drive testing and experimentation for Pandora’s radio and interactive recommender algorithms.
- Lead and manage a cross-functional organization of product managers and product analysts.
- Proven history of intuition for generating great algorithmic ideas with demonstrated impact on business metrics through A/B testing.
- Experience and demonstrated leadership working effectively with data scientists, machine learning engineers, statisticians, product development, etc.
- Exceptional communication. Ability to simplify technical problems into more easily digestible narratives. Strategic thinking and ability to incorporate larger business context into algorithm development.
- Passion for coming up with solutions into the intersection of music and technology.
- 10+ years software product management experience.
- 4+ years experience working on mathematical models to solve business problems.
- 4+ years management experience.
- Relevant experience working with recommendation systems, machine learning and science-driven product development partnerships
- Drive testing and experimentation for Pandora’s radio and interactive recommender algorithms
- Deep understanding of A/B and multivariate experimentation, and machine learning applications.
- Demonstrated leadership, influence, and manage expectations of (and responsive to) stakeholders, customer support, etc.
- Exceptional analytical abilities to inform roadmap priorities and assess product health. SQL / HIVE QL.
- Excellent communication skills across multiple disciplines.
- BS/BA or MS/PHD in Computer Science, HCI, Product Design, or related technical field preferred.
Pandora is also a VEVRAA federal contractor. Pandora requests priority referrals of protected veterans from each ESDS, as required by regulation.
If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org This email box is designed to assist job seekers who require a reasonable accommodation to the application process. A response to your request may take up to two business days.
In your email, please include the following:
- The specific accommodation requested to complete the employment application.
- The location or office to which you would like to apply
- The subject of the email should read "Request for Reasonable Accommodation".
Back to top