Executive Producer, SiriusXM Fight Nation
- New York, NY
SiriusXM and Pandora have joined together to create the leading audio entertainment company in the U.S. Together, we are uniquely positioned to lead a new era of audio entertainment by delivering the most compelling subscription and ad-supported audio experiences to millions of listeners -- in the car, at home and on the go. Our talent, content, technology and innovation continue to be at the forefront, and we want you to be a part of it! Check out our current openings below and at http://www.siriusxm.com/careers">www.siriusxm.com/careers.
The Executive Producer will support the Program Director in developing channel programming, planning newsworthy interviews and events, manage social media platforms, as well as shaping the overall direction and vision of SiriusXM Fight Nation. The Executive Producer will also be responsible for day-to-day operations of the channel and will produce a daily mixed martial arts program.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee all day to day channel operations, reporting to Program Director.
- Lead Produce daily MMA program; book guests, run pre-show call, build rundown, delegate show responsibilities to Associate Producer like compiling audio, creative segments and ideas, work with video and podcast teams for daily content, etc.
- Responsible for logs, promo rotations, keeping promos fresh, and clock changes/clock management.
- Plan and execute activity related to broadcast engineering and operations –studio requests, equipment requests, ServiceNow, etc.
- Point of contact for advertising sales and commercial traffic matters, including timely and accurate fulfillment of live read affidavits and host vetting.
- Oversee execution of special projects, channel initiatives, and other special programming.
- Manage coordination on digital efforts. Including but not limited to Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and blog/website content (including upkeep of SXM website channel page).
- Monitor channel for quality control .
- Coordinate with PR on advance alerts for newsworthy content and providing newsworthy content as audio clips.
- Maintain direct contact with all program producers and associate producers as required for effective operational workflow.
- Compile weekly channel report from producers – including updates on notable guests, pitches, promotional activity, newsworthy moments, and digital numbers.
- Additional duties as determined necessary for channel advancement.
- Write copy for special events, show imaging, and show/channel promos.
- Oversee channel producers.
- Maintain channel social media sites/web site.
- Help mentor junior producers to perform up to maximum potential.
- Work with talent on show ideas and critiques.
- Must be able to provide feedback to talent and/or hosts.
- Bachelor's degree and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5 years of media experience and background working with high profile talent.
- Strong understanding of and relationships with combat sports personnel and personalities preferred.
Requirements and General Skills:
- Strong MMA, Boxing, and Pro Wrestling Sports knowledge.
- Good public speaking and presentation skills.
- Interpersonal skills and ability to interact and work with staff at all levels.
- Experience booking guests and strong relationships.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to pay attention to details and be organized.
- Ability to project professionalism over the phone and in person.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Willingness to take initiative and to follow through on projects.
- Creative writing ability and strong editing skills.
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task, and work under shifting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access).
- Social Media: Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, etc.
- Adobe Audition.
- Broadcast programs like Zetta.
- Mixing sound elements into a professional sounding product and operating an audio board.
Our goal at SiriusXM+Pandora is to provide and maintain a work environment that fosters mutual respect, professionalism and cooperation. SiriusXM+Pandora is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, gender identity, marital status, familial status, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.
Back to top