Event Coordinator - Music Makers Group
At Pandora, we're a unique collection of engineers, musicians, designers, marketers, and world-class sellers with a common goal: to enrich lives by delivering effortless personalized music enjoyment and discovery. People—the listeners, the artists, and our employees—are at the center of our mission and everything we do. Actually, employees at Pandora are a lot like the service itself: bright, eclectic, and innovative. Collaboration is the foundation of our workforce, and we’re looking for smart individuals who are self-motivated and passionate to join us. Be a part of the engine that creates the soundtrack to life. Discover your future at Pandora.
Our team exists to connect artists, brands and fans through the passion point of music. As part of the events team that supports the Music Makers Group and the revenue organization, you will be responsible for helping to drive Pandora’s thought leadership in the media and music industries. We are looking for an event pro with expertise in all event types. It’s critical that you understand Pandora marketing objectives and can translate those into events that will foster thought leadership, drive industry relationships, revenue and of course, infuse the power of music. Our ideal candidate has solid to expert event production experience in technology and music events.
- Develop, project, manage and execute all Pandora events, including franchise events, consumer events, B2B, artist/client hospitality, internal, B2C and custom branded events
- Hire and vent all venues, vendors and producers for the event
- Update and manage all vendor, venue databases
- Concept and create all signage, lighting, event flow, ROS, SOWs for partners, staging, hospitality, client activations, premiums, F&B, staging, sound production…
- Manage assigned custom client events including the budget
- Help generate awareness for Pandora’s Music Makers Group and national and local advertising efforts through industry events, programming roadshows and artist/client hospitality
- Work cross-functionally with members of Strategic Solutions, Finance, Legal, Brand Marketing, PR, Curation and Design Teams on event project management
- Work directly with national sales team and Sales Development teams on custom event pitches and sold event campaigns
- Deliver exceptional consumer and brand experiences, through outstanding organizational skills, communication and eye for detail
- Manage event production and activation vendors
- Build the Music Industry Group’s presence and advertiser activation while balancing Pandora brand at festivals, industry events, showcases, parties, and all other events
- College diploma
- 1 year experience in event, media or entertainment industry
- Willing to travel up to 60%
- In-depth understanding of the music industry and a strong grasp on the advertising industry
- Strong negotiating skills and basic contract legal items/terms
- Manage and maintain event P&Ls
- Rolodex of event vendors and great working relationships
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills – proven ability to communicate with executives, peers, the public
- Superb organizational skills with high attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects and work in a fast-paced environment
- Exceptional computer skills – fluency in all Microsoft applications, especially Word, Outlook and basic PowerPoint (PC & MAC experience preferred), and Excel is required
- Proactive and self-motivated with a strong work ethic
- Wants to change the world with us
Pandora is committed to diversity in its workforce. Pandora is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, veteran or disability status. Women and people of color are encouraged to apply.
Pandora is also a VEVRAA federal contractor. Pandora requests priority referrals of protected veterans from each ESDS, as required by regulation.
If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an email to [email protected]
Back to top