Engineering Manager, Distributed Systems
At Pandora, we're a unique collection of engineers, musicians, designers, marketers, and world-class sellers with a common goal: to enrich lives by delivering effortless personalized music enjoyment and discovery. People—the listeners, the artists, and our employees—are at the center of our mission and everything we do. Actually, employees at Pandora are a lot like the service itself: bright, eclectic, and innovative. Collaboration is the foundation of our workforce, and we’re looking for smart individuals who are self-motivated and passionate to join us. Be a part of the engine that creates the soundtrack to life. Discover your future at Pandora!
We're looking for an engineering leader to manage the Ad Delivery Services team. This team is primarily responsible for developing and maintaining new features that scale to millions of concurrent users, totaling billions of requests per day. Pandora is on the cutting edge of audio advertising and needs a strong presence to lead the charge.
- Managing and coaching the team
- Setting context and vision
- Managing resources and projects with stakeholders in an agile environment
- Technical leadership
- Expanding the existing team by hiring top talent
- Extensive experience leading a technology team that delivers on key goals while also being involved in the determination of those goals and strategic direction
- Minimum 3+ years of experience managing software engineers
- Expert level understanding of web applications and backend systems development. Development of open source APIs.
- Experience developing object oriented software in Java or equivalent OO language
- Computer Science Degree or background
- Experience with large-scale, consumer-facing web properties
- Experience with distributed teams
- Experience with advertising
Pandora is committed to diversity in its workforce. Pandora is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, veteran or disability status. Women and people of color are encouraged to apply.
Pandora is also a VEVRAA federal contractor. Pandora requests priority referrals of protected veterans from each ESDS, as required by regulation.
If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an email to email@example.com This email box is designed to assist job seekers who require a reasonable accommodation to the application process. A response to your request may take up to two business days.
In your email, please include the following:
- The specific accommodation requested to complete the employment application.
- The location or office to which you would like to apply
- The subject of the email should read "Request for Reasonable Accommodation".
Back to top