Engineering, Manager Backend
At Pandora, we're a unique collection of engineers, musicians, designers, marketers, and world-class sellers with a common goal: to enrich lives by delivering effortless personalized music enjoyment and discovery. People—the listeners, the artists, and our employees—are at the center of our mission and everything we do. Actually, employees at Pandora are a lot like the service itself: bright, eclectic, and innovative. Collaboration is the foundation of our workforce, and we’re looking for smart individuals who are self-motivated and passionate to join us. Be a part of the engine that creates the soundtrack to life. Discover your future at Pandora!
We have a fantastic opportunity for an engineering manager in our core engineering team. In this capacity you will lead Pandora's advertising engineering efforts, provide vision for the future, and build a world class team of engineers. We are looking for someone who has a track record of delivering high quality software on time and on budget while keeping things fun, agile, and dynamic.
- Lead the definition and development of our advertising content management and purchasing systems
- Drive best practices including test development, code reviews and release coordination
- Work closely with engineers, product managers and QA to ensure successful launch of features
- Assume project management and scrum master roles as needed
- Expand the existing team of engineers by recruiting and hiring top talent
- Assume primary group administrative responsibilities including budget, resource, and staff planning
- Extensive experience leading a technology team that delivers on key goals while also being involved in the determination of those goals and strategic direction
- Minimum three years managing software engineers
- Expert level understanding of web and backend applications development
- Experience managing multiple projects comprising short and long development cycles without supervision
- Experience managing a complex mix of projects and working closely with other parts of the business to communicate and deliver against various goals
- Proven track record of delivering high quality software on schedule
- A progressive management style emphasizing openness, collaboration, and shared goals
- Outstanding collaboration skills with a proven ability to work cross functionally in order to establish and meet shared organizational goals
- Exemplary communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Experience developing object oriented software in Java or equivalent OO language
- Experience developing software for deployment on Linux
Pandora is committed to diversity in its workforce. Pandora is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, veteran or disability status. Women and people of color are encouraged to apply.
Pandora is also a VEVRAA federal contractor. Pandora requests priority referrals of protected veterans from each ESDS, as required by regulation.
If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an email to [email protected] This email box is designed to assist job seekers who require a reasonable accommodation to the application process. A response to your request may take up to two business days.
In your email, please include the following:
- The specific accommodation requested to complete the employment application.
- The location or office to which you would like to apply
- The subject of the email should read "Request for Reasonable Accommodation".
Meet Some of Pandora's Employees
VP, Head of Music Maker Strategy & Operations
In his role, Mike is focused on opening up Pandora to music makers and helping artists maximize their use of the platform with content and live events.
Back to top