Economist, Advertising Science
At Pandora, we're a unique collection of engineers, musicians, designers, marketers, and world-class sellers with a common goal: to enrich lives by delivering effortless personalized music enjoyment and discovery. People—the listeners, the artists, and our employees—are at the center of our mission and everything we do. Actually, employees at Pandora are a lot like the service itself: bright, eclectic, and innovative. Collaboration is the foundation of our workforce, and we’re looking for smart individuals who are self-motivated and passionate to join us. Be a part of the engine that creates the soundtrack to life. Discover your future at Pandora!
Pandora is seeking an economist to join our Advertising Science team. The team consists of PhDs in various fields, including two economists. This position aims to create long-term value for Pandora’s advertising business by pursuing applied research on consumer behavior and advertising market dynamics. Areas of interest include measuring advertising effectiveness, optimizing Pandora’s marketing spend, measuring the impact of advertising on consumer listening behavior, setting prices for various types of advertising, and market design for digital audio advertising. We frequently design and analyze field experiments, in addition to pursuing econometrics designed to exploit natural data variation. We also regularly present our research at academic conferences and submit to academic journals.
- PhD (or on track to complete PhD) in economics or related discipline.
- Significant expertise in applied econometrics.
- Experience with: R, Python (scientific libraries), or other scientific computing language
- Excellent communication skills with both technical and nontechnical audiences
- Background in field experiments
- Familiarity with market design and/or matching theory
- Familiarity with Hadoop
- Familiarity with SQL queries
- Applied research &/or design and execution of large-scale quantitative experiments and analyses
Back to top