Director, Software Engineering - Connected Vehicle
- Irving, TX
The Connected Vehicle Services division of SiriusXM builds and delivers software-based services on our connected car platform. The software we develop not only adds convenience to the daily life of our subscribers, but safety and security as well; when the worst happens, our software helps to save lives.
We are transforming our existing CV platform from an on premise, monolithic, closed architecture system to a modern, open, micro-services, cloud based system. Working on our team will give you the opportunity to craft software in an agile, team-focused environment while learning and exercising a multitude of skills. We focus on keeping developers happy and productive; fostering a positive atmosphere to help you make the right decisions and to learn and grow both professionally and personally.
We are seeking a motivated and passionate software professional to help us create, extend, and maintain our connected car software platform. This position will lead multiple software development teams to deliver the next generation of functionality for our customers. This position will play a pivotal role in defining the processes for our teams and the key designs for our systems.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead multiple software development teams utilizing agile software development best practices
- Ensure high quality shippable software deliverables are produced on a regular schedule
- Work with product and program management teams to develop and deliver on software roadmaps
- Support operational software systems in a multi-tenant, highly available system deployment
- Recruit and grow software development teams
- The above cited duties and responsibilities describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to the job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities that an incumbent may be expected or asked to perform.
- Manage a team of up to 20-30 development resources.
- Bachelor's (BSc) in engineering, computer science, or related field; master's preferred
- 5+ years of cumulative software development leadership at a manager, senior manager or director level
- 10+ years of experience as a software developer with experience in mobile, web and/or server side development
- Experience in delivering multiple commercially deployed products to market
Requirements and General Skills:
- A proven history of technical and organizational leadership
- Proven ability to lead and work within geographically distributed engineering teams
- Mentoring skills and competencies, with an ability to transfer knowledge to junior and senior members of engineering teams
- Works well with others and is a skilled communicator both written and oral; acts with professionalism both in person and when working on the phone with partners.
- Able to build strong interpersonal relationships with business analysts, UI/UX team, leadership, senior management, and internal and external stakeholders
- Experienced with shipping commercial products using agile software development methodologies; Scrum and/or Kanban
- A deep agile toolbox including awareness of various agile techniques, alternate project management approaches and the wisdom to understand when to apply which process to the problem at hand.
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and work under shifting deadlines with potentially ambiguous or nebulous requirements in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to quickly assess multifaceted problems and complex situations and recognize patterns to identify and resolve the root cause
- Ability to analyze new technologies, emerging standards and market trends, and understand how they affect products today and, in the future
- Occasional local and regional travel
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
- Experience with Cloud development and deployment best practices on AWS, GCP or Azure
- Experience with Linux and mobile technologies
- Experience with DevOps best practices and ability to establish a continuous deployment pipeline
- Expert technical understanding of working within a Git/Gitflow-based multi-branched software environment
- Ability to review architectures, designs and code, and work with engineers to resolve issues at all levels
- Expert technical understanding of algorithms, software patterns and anti-patterns
- Proficient computer skills, experience with the Atlassian Development Suite (Confluence, Jira, BitBucket), Microsoft Office Suite (Visio, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel)
Our goal at SiriusXM+Pandora is to provide and maintain a work environment that fosters mutual respect, professionalism and cooperation. SiriusXM+Pandora is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, gender identity, marital status, familial status, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.
Back to top