Director, Public Policy and Government Relations
At Pandora, we're a unique collection of engineers, musicians, designers, marketers, and world-class sellers with a common goal: to enrich lives by delivering effortless personalized music enjoyment and discovery. People—the listeners, the artists, and our employees—are at the center of our mission and everything we do. Actually, employees at Pandora are a lot like the service itself: bright, eclectic, and innovative. Collaboration is the foundation of our workforce, and we’re looking for smart individuals who are self-motivated and passionate to join us. Be a part of the engine that creates the soundtrack to life. Discover your future at Pandora.
Want to spread the word about the power of Pandora? Pandora is changing the way consumers access music and is providing industry-leading compensation to music makers. We have a number of public policy issues that need an advocate on Capitol Hill and with federal agencies.
We are seeking a Director of Public Policy and Government Relations to develop policy positions and the strategies to drive legislative and regulatory outcomes, for the benefit of the music ecosystem. In addition, we need someone who can advance our public policy objectives with federal policymakers. In order to be successful, you will understand the complexities of copyright law, make friends fast, and clearly communicate complex ideas. This role will report to the Head of Government Relations, and you will work closely with the Pandora Public Affairs and Corporate Communications and Legal organizations. This role is based in Washington DC. If you have experience in government and/or government relations, we are interested in talking to you. This is a great opportunity to work for a cutting-edge music company.
- Develop policy and government relations strategy
- Build relationships, the Pandora brand, and advocate with policymakers to drive Pandora’s public policy objectives in legislation and regulations
- Be Pandora’s primary interface with Capitol Hill
- Manage Pandora’s external consulting team
- Manage the Pandora Political Action Committee day-to-day operations
- BS/ BA or equivalent experience
- 10+ Years Experience working in government or government relations
- Corporate experience
- Ability to quickly identify key internal and external stakeholders
- A robust understanding of music licensing and copyright law
Pandora is committed to diversity in its workforce. Pandora is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, veteran or disability status. Women and people of color are encouraged to apply.
Pandora is also a VEVRAA federal contractor. Pandora requests priority referrals of protected veterans from each ESDS, as required by regulation.
If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an email to [email protected] This email box is designed to assist job seekers who require a reasonable accommodation to the application process. A response to your request may take up to two business days.
In your email, please include the following:
- The specific accommodation requested to complete the employment application.
- The location or office to which you would like to apply
- The subject of the email should read "Request for Reasonable Accommodation".
Meet Some of Pandora's Employees
VP, Head of Music Maker Strategy & Operations
In his role, Mike is focused on opening up Pandora to music makers and helping artists maximize their use of the platform with content and live events.
Back to top