Director, Programming Operations
- Los Angeles, CA
Location: Sycamore, CA
The Director of Programming Operations will oversee the Programming Operations of the SiriusXM Los Angeles studio to facilitate top level technical production of content on behalf of internal and external partners and guests. The Director will manage a combination of strategic long term projects involving audio, video, people and technology as well as shorter term immediate operational projects.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Partner closely with studios, engineers and IT departments nationwide on live broadcasts for on-site and remote events.
- Liaise between SiriusXM Broadcast/Studio/Field Operations, IT, Talent and other departments.
- Ensure the highest quality of hosts, talent, and producers for shows.
- Provide oversight and quality control of hosts' technical broadcasts.
- Responsible for training talent and producers on technical studio systems.
- Coordinate needs for broadcasts & specials including custom staging, lighting, video backgrounds, studio audiences, audio engineering and video production.
- Proactively diagnose, troubleshoot, and repair broadcast gear and technology.
- Owns proactive identification and implementation of process improvement.
- Responsible for partnering closely with East Coast Programming Operations to support SiriusXM broadly, leveraging national SiriusXM resources for the benefit of SiriusXM Los Angeles operations.
- Execute the Los Angeles aspects of SiriusXM Disaster/Content Recovery operations.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent, relevant experience.
- 7+ years of experience managing operations for an audio/video/multimedia and/or live performance facility.
Requirements and General Skills:
- Proven ability to manage communications with high level management, talent and outside partners with calm authority and diplomacy.
- Extremely strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong ability to problem solve.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Willingness to take initiative and to follow through on projects.
- Process-oriented mindset.
- Ability to learn and troubleshoot equipment.
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task, and work under shifting deadlines in a fast paced environment.
- Experience with remote event production/tour or festival production preferred.
- Must be able to work an irregular schedule with potential nights and weekends.
- Some travel will be required.
- Extensive knowledge of radio transmission equipment (e.g. ISDN, IP Codecs).
- Strong knowledge of radio consoles and broadcast gear (e.g. Lawo, Axia, Comrex, Telos).
- In-depth knowledge of IT infrastructure, provisioning and troubleshooting.
- Thorough knowledge of studio software (e.g. Prophet, Zetta, NEO Screener, Adobe Audition).
- Experience in computer-aided design (CAD) preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of MS-Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access).
Our goal at SiriusXM+Pandora is to provide and maintain a work environment that fosters mutual respect, professionalism and cooperation. SiriusXM+Pandora is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, gender identity, marital status, familial status, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.
Back to top