Director, Product Management, Automotive
- Detroit, MI
SiriusXM and Pandora have joined together to create the leading audio entertainment company in the U.S. Together, we are uniquely positioned to lead a new era of audio entertainment by delivering the most compelling subscription and ad-supported audio experiences to millions of listeners -- in the car, at home and on the go. Our talent, content, technology and innovation continue to be at the forefront, and we want you to be a part of it! Check out our current openings below and at www.siriusxm.com/careers.
The Director of Product Management, Automotive will be responsible for the product planning and execution throughout the product lifecycle, including gathering, defining and prioritizing product and automotive OEM customer requirements. The role will collaborate closely with the SiriusXM User Experience Design team, Engineering, Quality Assurance, Marketing, Programming, Customer Care, OEM Accounts, IT, Legal, and other corporate stakeholders to clearly communicate and document the features, requirements, and product status for assigned OEM in-vehicle audio applications. This position will directly interact with the OEM Product/Product Planning teams to help define new feature rollout for vehicle and IVI lifecycle. The Director of Product Management, Automotive will also support both internal and external software development teams as well as Tier 1 suppliers as defined by the automotive partners.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Effectively manage team of product managers for Domestic OEM partners
- Ensure that the team is aligned with SXM automotive product group strategy and goals
- Provide direction, guidance, and support to product managers to make effective program decisions
- Assign OEM program responsibilities and priorities to product managers
- Provide high level and/or detailed team and program updates to internal SXM stakeholders including VP of Product on a bi-weekly basis or as requested
- Subject matter expert for product features and functionality for assigned automotive program/s
- Work with automotive OEM partners and internal SiriusXM teams to define and document new automotive audio service feature requirements.
- Actively prioritize feature development rollout and bugs with Tier1 and OEM
- Make real-time decisions for assigned program/s as the subject matter expert for product features and functionality
- Ensure requirements meet the development strategy (agile vs hybrid) for assigned programs.
- Work with OEM and SiriusXM teams to ensure product launch readiness for target dates.
- Provide on-going support to SiriusXM Customer Care and Marketing as well as OEM partners over 5+ year product lifecycle.
- Work with OEM and SiriusXM Engineering/IT teams to identify any post launch in-market issues that impact customers and communicate them to all impacted teams.
- Work with OEM and SiriusXM teams to define new feature roadmap and/or enhancements including OTA updates over lifecycle of vehicle platform
- Work with SiriusXM OEM Account team to identify and support business rules and requirements.
- Work with SXM OEM Engineering teams to ensure that new and/or adjusted feature requirements are implemented and client OTA updates are successfully launched and pushed to assigned in-market vehicles.
- Utilize periodic reports of customer metrics, use reporting and analysis to make recommendations for new features and existing feature refinement for OEM applications.
- Provide status updates on project progress to SiriusXM and OEM management as required, including in-vehicle or test bench demos of product features and functionality to OEM’s product, marketing, customer care, legal and corporate communication teams as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Manage team of 1 – 4 Product Managers supporting various automotive programs
- Manage contract workers and/or SXM interns as needed
- BS/BA in Business, Marketing or Engineering or equivalent work experience. MBA preferred
- 10+ years of product management experience.
- 3-5 years of experience working with automotive OEMs or automotive Tier1s.
- 2-3 years of experience working with software.
- 1-2 years of experience working in an Agile environment. (preferred)
Requirements and General Skills:
- Strong leadership skills with ability to effectively manage a team whose members are located in different business office locations
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task, and work under shifting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong blend of project management and technical aptitude.
- Broad-based understanding of the automotive industry, new technologies and industry trends.
- Experience with projects utilizing Agile development methods.
- Interpersonal skills and ability to interact and work with staff and OEM customers at all levels.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong presentation skills with comfort level of presenting to senior management and OEM customers.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to pay attention to details and be organized.
- Ability to project professionalism over the phone and in person.
- Willingness to take initiative and to follow through on projects.
- Domestic and International travel to OEM and SiriusXM office locations.
- Valid US Driver’s License and willingness to drive SiriusXM and Automotive Partner test vehicles as required.
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
- Thorough knowledge of MS-Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Ability to create effective Power Point presentations
- Knowledge of Acrobat and Photoshop
- Experience with using JIRA
- Knowledge of iOS and Android mobile applications and/or general software development.
SiriusXM is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship, pregnancy, military or veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.
Back to top