Director of Podcasts, Originals, and Non-Music Programming
At Pandora, we're a unique collection of engineers, musicians, designers, marketers, and world-class sellers with a common goal: to enrich lives by delivering effortless personalized programming and discovery. Pandora is the #1 music streaming service in the US with proven podcast hits and original programming success with This American Life, Serial, and Questlove Supreme.
People—the listeners, the artists, and our employees—are at the center of our mission and everything we do. Actually, employees at Pandora are a lot like the service itself: bright, eclectic, and innovative. Collaboration is the foundation of our workforce, and we’re looking for smart individuals who are self-motivated and passionate to join us. Be a part of the engine that creates the soundtrack to life. Discover your future at Pandora!
We are seeking an individual with expertise, experience, and a deep passion for podcasting as well as a vision for podcast content and non-music programming across all tiers of service on Pandora.
With Pandora’s 75 million monthly listeners this role will be instrumental strategically and tactically in leading tens of millions of listeners to experience effortless, personalized podcast programming and discovery. The ideal candidate for this role will have proven creative skills and be a strong decision maker and communicator who is excited about playing a pivotal role in unlocking the holy grail of podcasts: uniquely personalized programming for all listeners, combined with monetization and self-service tools for creators.
Responsibilities across the programming lifecycle:
- Drive podcast programming decisions and overarching content strategy for creation of new original podcast programs. Partner closely with creative departments that lead execution & creative direction.
- Lead curation and programming for podcasts and the strategy of non-music programming on Pandora.
- Ability to use analytics and insights, industry expertise, and personal experience to drive content acquisition prioritization and inform programming strategies.
- Curate Pandora’s catalogue of podcast content for the radio and Premium on demand collection.
- Intimate involvement in the development and evolution of the podcast genome.
- Establish and monitor metrics to evaluate podcast performance on Pandora.
- Full understanding and expertise regarding the relationship between curatorial and computational programming (the algorithm).
- Partner cross functionally across Pandora to achieve success working with content licensing on deal terms, working with product on features, and working with marketing on go to marketing strategy, awareness, and adoption.
- Templatize sponsorship opportunities.
- Represent and advocate for programs and initiatives that seek grow our presence in the podcasting ecosystem.
- 7+ years relevant experience in podcasting or related area, ideally with experience in developing original programming.
- Deep knowledge of the podcast space including history, culture, major players, and production.
- Experience operating at large scale of execution and creatively skilled in delivering new programs which have driven huge audience and impact.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a history of producing high quality editorial decisions.
- Ability to utilize metrics and qualitative information to set goals and inform actions.
- A collaborator, a team player, and a problem solver that wants to win.
Pandora is committed to diversity in its workforce. Pandora is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, veteran or disability status. Women and people of color are encouraged to apply.
Pandora is also a VEVRAA federal contractor. Pandora requests priority referrals of protected veterans from each ESDS, as required by regulation.
If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org This email box is designed to assist job seekers who require a reasonable accommodation to the application process. A response to your request may take up to two business days.
In your email, please include the following:
- The specific accommodation requested to complete the employment application.
- The location or office to which you would like to apply
- The subject of the email should read "Request for Reasonable Accommodation".
Meet Some of Pandora's Employees
Employee Experience & Inclusion Manager
Courtney articulates and amplifies Pandora’s talent brand, providing visibility and insight into its company culture. She also plays a big role in driving awareness of Pandora’s diversity and inclusion initiatives.
Back to top