Director, Consumer Insights
At Pandora, we're a unique collection of engineers, musicians, designers, marketers, and world-class sellers with a common goal: to enrich lives by delivering effortless personalized music enjoyment and discovery. People—the listeners, the artists, and our employees—are at the center of our mission and everything we do. Actually, employees at Pandora are a lot like the service itself: bright, eclectic, and innovative. Collaboration is the foundation of our workforce, and we’re looking for smart individuals who are self-motivated and passionate to join us. Be a part of the engine that creates the soundtrack to life. Discover your future at Pandora!
We are seeking a talented Consumer Insights leader to join Pandora. The Director, Consumer Insights will be responsible for developing, scaling and execution of the consumer insights practice and will work in partnership across the business to develop and execute best in class research.
To be successful in this role, you need to possess strong intellectual curiosity, be skilled in problem definition and capable of conducting rigorous analyses to develop actionable recommendations. You will have the opportunity to apply your high-level strategic thinking and roll up your sleeves to make it happen.
- Direct primary (qualitative and quantitative) and secondary consumer research activities day-to-day for the department
- Oversee multiple consumer insights and strategic market research projects to meet critical timelines, including questionnaire design, data analysis, writing analyses of marketing/consumer insights data, and vendor management
- Define and translate project goals into a holistic insights plan (short and long-term) with actionable strategies, overseeing entire project lifecycle until completion
- Manage outside research projects from inception to conclusion, including managing RFP processes, recommending appropriate methodologies, and managing vendor relationships to produce reports meeting desired information objectives
- Translate strategic research needs into highly detailed projects; prioritize workload, ensure high quality execution of projects and on-time
- Demonstrate excellent strategic skills in writing or reviewing studies and reports, converting research findings into actionable and value-driving insights
- Candidate will work with direct reports to assure project accuracy as well as provide training, guidance and support
- Candidate will support the CMO organization as well as sales, to deliver insights to advertisers.
- Over 12 years experience in research design (quantitative and qualitative), questionnaire development, data analysis and report writing
- Data-based storyteller at scale: 10+ years in heavily data-driven environment, preferably with insights as your team’s product (e.g., analytics, research, strategy consulting)
- At least 5 years of leadership/people management experience
- Must have previous experience in the digital advertising industry
- Hands-on experience in writing surveys, programming, fielding online surveys, managing online communities and conducting focus group studies
- Expert in advanced statistical techniques and market research analytical tools including SPSS, Excel and other data manipulation tools
- Great data visualization and presentation skills to provide recommendations based on insights
- Effective verbal and written communication skills; ability to drive projects working with cross-functional teams including marketing, product, partner marketing and business intelligence groups
- Excellent project management skills; ability to manage multiple projects across critical yet often fluctuating deadlines
- Self-starter, thrives in a fast-paced team environment
Pandora is committed to diversity in its workforce. Pandora is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, veteran or disability status. Women and people of color are encouraged to apply.
Pandora is also a VEVRAA federal contractor. Pandora requests priority referrals of protected veterans from each ESDS, as required by regulation.
If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an email to email@example.com This email box is designed to assist job seekers who require a reasonable accommodation to the application process. A response to your request may take up to two business days.
In your email, please include the following:
- The specific accommodation requested to complete the employment application.
- The location or office to which you would like to apply
- The subject of the email should read "Request for Reasonable Accommodation".
Back to top