Director, Business Operations & Strategy
- New York, NY
SiriusXM and Pandora have joined together to create the leading audio entertainment company in the U.S. Together, we are uniquely positioned to lead a new era of audio entertainment by delivering the most compelling subscription and ad-supported audio experiences to millions of listeners -- in the car, at home and on the go. Our talent, content, technology and innovation continue to be at the forefront, and we want you to be a part of it! Check out our current openings below and at www.siriusxm.com/careers.
Joining the team responsible for management of enterprise operations and cross-organizational strategy, this role will focus primarily on wireless connectivity & the cloud. While maintaining day-to-day involvement with internal teams and critical partners, this role will support the VP of Business Operations & Strategy in defining the optimal solution for managing data operations & content delivery across various platforms and products. As SiriusXM's IP-connected in-vehicle platform (360L) continues to grow, this role will contribute to critical strategic partnerships with wireless providers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drive strategy, coordinate internal efforts and manage business relationships tied to SXM & Pandora's IP content delivery (e.g., CDN, Wireless providers) and cloud infrastructure (i.e., AWS, GCP, etc.)
- Work closely with internal stakeholders (i.e., engineering, product, operations, etc.) to evaluate existing streaming operations for web, mobile and in-vehicle platforms
- Secure knowledge of current wireless provider & OEM landscape
- Drive strategy for IP content delivery and data management in the cloud
- Manage partner relationships, vendor management & contract negotiation
- Lead projects and support POCs tied to potential new business
- Contribute to optimization efforts with finance and the business
- Explore possible synergies across various internal teams and efforts, including acquired assets
- Maintain pulse on competitive landscape
- Support Business Operations team in additional efforts, as needed
- 7+ years' experience
- Bachelor's Degree required
- MBA preferred
Requirements and General Skills:
- Aptitude to grasp technical scope, technical business experience preferred
- Highly analytical and thorough
- Experienced in partner management & contract negotiation, ideally in the media/streaming/wireless space
- Strong presentation skills (verbal & written)
- Ability to communicate effectively across various levels of the organization
- Self-motivated and organized, excellent at multi-tasking
- Strong leader, with the ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Willingness to take initiative and "think outside the box"
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
- Excel/modeling experience required
- Ability to navigate complex databases
- Thorough knowledge of MS-Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access).
Our goal at SiriusXM+Pandora is to provide and maintain a work environment that fosters mutual respect, professionalism and cooperation. SiriusXM+Pandora is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, gender identity, marital status, familial status, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.
Back to top