Director, Business Development
At Pandora, we're a unique collection of engineers, musicians, designers, marketers, and world-class sellers with a common goal: to enrich lives by delivering effortless personalized music enjoyment and discovery. People—the listeners, the artists, and our employees—are at the center of our mission and everything we do. Actually, employees at Pandora are a lot like the service itself: bright, eclectic, and innovative. Collaboration is the foundation of our workforce, and we’re looking for smart individuals who are self-motivated and passionate to join us. Be a part of the engine that creates the soundtrack to life. Discover your future at Pandora.
As Business Development Director you will identify, develop, close and grow new strategic partnerships for Pandora focused on growing our audience and increasing listening. With Pandora’s continued fast-paced growth, we are looking for an outstanding candidate to lead, evangelize and demonstrate success both inside and outside of the organization. You will work directly with world-class partners to help scope new opportunities focused on increased distribution and engagement. You will be part of a world class Business Development team who have helped establish Pandora as the #1 most engaged mobile app in the US and pioneer in the connected home and automotive space.
- Identify and develop new partnership opportunities from concept to launch, focused on Pandora distribution and user growth.
- Maintain active relationships with Pandora’s key partners including proactively resolving business issues and serving as an internal advocate for our partnerships.
- Maintain pipeline of new partnership opportunities designed to drive increased listening, revenue and extend Pandora’s brand.
- Understand the competitive landscape; identify strategic opportunities and threats, and actively communicate them to Pandora senior leadership.
- Drive relationship building process at multiple levels between partners and Pandora.
- Negotiate and execute partner agreements.
- Partner with marketing, product, legal and other internal teams to to evaluate, explore and execute strategic partnership opportunities.
- Manage a team of business development professionals as Pandora grows
- 8+ years of experience in Business Development or Corporate Development, at a large consumer technology and/or media brand in the digital industry; music experience a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and develop new partnerships from concept to activation.
- Thought leader with a proven ability of driving internal stakeholders to a consensus.
- Serve as main point of contact for all internal operational touch points for partners and proactively resolve business issues
- Proven success in ideating, developing, negotiating and closing complex and creative deals
- Organized, detail-oriented, and able to coordinate and lead meetings across multiple teams and functions
- Ability to meet multiple objectives in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Strong contract negotiation skills
- Extensive industry contacts and ability to navigate Silicon Valley startup and tech scenes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated, curious
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative and evolving organization
- Passionate about the work you’ll do at Pandora with a confident and humble approach
- BA or equivalent required; MBA or advanced degree desired
Pandora is committed to diversity in its workforce. Pandora is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, veteran or disability status. Women and people of color are encouraged to apply.
Pandora is also a VEVRAA federal contractor. Pandora requests priority referrals of protected veterans from each ESDS, as required by regulation.
If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an email to email@example.com.
Back to top