DevOps Engineer, AWS - Agency Temp (CV)
- Irving, TX
SiriusXM and Pandora have joined together to create the leading audio entertainment company in the U.S. Together, we are uniquely positioned to lead a new era of audio entertainment by delivering the most compelling subscription and ad-supported audio experiences to millions of listeners -- in the car, at home and on the go. Our talent, content, technology and innovation continue to be at the forefront, and we want you to be a part of it! Check out our current openings below and at www.siriusxm.com/careers.
The Connected Vehicle Services division of SiriusXM builds and delivers software-based services on our connected car platform. The software we develop not only adds convenience to the daily life of our subscribers, but safety and security as well; when the worst happens, our software helps to save lives.
We are transforming our existing CV platform from an on premise, monolithic, closed architecture system to a modern, open, micro-services, cloud based system. Working on our team will give you the opportunity to craft software in an agile, team-focused environment while learning and exercising a multitude of skills. We focus on keeping developers happy and productive; fostering a positive atmosphere to help you make the right decisions and to learn and grow both professionally and personally.
We are looking for a motivated and passionate software craftsperson to help us create, extend, and maintain the core of our connected car software platform as we expand past our current offerings in services related to safety, security and convenience in order to take our business to the next level.
This position requires that the individual be capable of playing a pivotal role; providing technical guidance and direction to our devops team. This individual will also work closely with all levels of management across the various organizations, researching new technologies and making technical recommendations to help ensure that SiriusXM Connected Vehicles continues to be a thought leader with our industry.
In this role you will be a key member of the dev ops team responsible for establishing highly available environments driven by Automation and devops strategy. You will also be called upon to utilize your influence, leadership skills and knowledge of agile/devops mindset to deliver customer value .You will also partner with the engineering organization to drive conversion projects to cloud infrastructure.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design , Enable , and deliver scalable and automated strategy -- Infrastructure as Code
- Build Dev Ops road map for the organization and drive teams towards the same.
- Enable "DEVOPS" mindset into the organization by working collaboratively with Dev and operation team.
- Ensure appropriate CI/CD pipelines are built and executed with automation and utilization of appropriate dev ops tool -- on both Cloud and On premise infrastructure
- Design , develop, and support all AWS activities for most environments
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or engineering or equivalent experience.
- AWS certifications is a plus
- 6 plus years of experience in DEVOPS driven industry
Requirements and General Skills:
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to multi-task in a highly-dynamic environment.
- Ability to work under pressure and work well in a team environment.
- Ability to effectively communicate both written and verbally.
- Ability to work independently and problem solve with little or no supervision.
- Must have the legal right to work in the U.S.
- Experience with Atlassian JIRA defect tracking, Footprints Service Core, AgileCraft-scaled management software a plus.
- Experience with DevOps, ITIL, Cloud Services, IT Infrastructure and Operations, including environment standup, server builds, firewalls, security and compliance
- Demonstrable, recent experience developing web-applications or microservices using Java and/or node.js a plus.
- Dev Ops and CI/CD tools such as , but not limited Jenkins and Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Salt, OpsWorks (for AWS)
- Must have AWS cloud knowledge - EC2, Routing, Sub-netting and VPC's, Cloudwatch, RDS, Inspector, State Manager, IAM, SNS, SES, AWS Backups, vSRX Firewall and NAT.
- Scripting Knowledge such as Phython, Perl, Groovy, Java.
- Proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, etc).
Our goal at SiriusXM+Pandora is to provide and maintain a work environment that fosters mutual respect, professionalism and cooperation. SiriusXM+Pandora is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, gender identity, marital status, familial status, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.
Back to top